[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKo

• VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Read player stats in spoiler after hand.

Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players

Hero (UTG+2): $2 (100 bb)
      BTN: $4.92 (246 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)
      MP2: $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      CO: $2 (100 bb)
      MP3: $2.45 (122.5 bb)
      MP1: $2 (100 bb)
      SB: $2.01 (100.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A K
      Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.08, 2 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds

Flop: ($0.26) K 6 J (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.19, MP3 raises to $0.82, SB folds, Hero ???

Fold, call, raise or shove?
      What difference does the stats (see spoiler) make?
      Does the flush draw affect your decision here?

villain is 49/22/5.5 V/P/3 his AF on the flop is 9 & he has raised the CBet twice before.
      Range? I had him on Kx,Jx or flush draw because of the call pre, rather than a raise.
  • 6 replies
    • fractalsonfire
      Considering his stats, i would play for stacks. Worst he has there is a set, which is unlikely. The next worse is two pair then a flush draw. Considering how loose he is i wouldn't think of the worst and try get him all in. If you run into something better, just bad luck.

Then again if you want to try get tricky you could just flat call that but you're opening yourself up to grief.
    • michel2311
      I you got no stats on villain. This is a tough spot for me. Villain could have a set or on a monsterdraw (QT :heart: ) here. Prob I should call this raise then and played it passive (c/c or c/f) on the turn and river.

If I look at the stats I would shove this one. The FD wouldn't affect my decision here. If you're only calling in this spot I think you have a very difficult turn and river ahead.
    • katrin0303
      It seems to me that he's very loose and poor player. You can find a lot of those on NL2. :)

I would most likely go allin.

What i found very helpful is try to figure out if he's on tilt - because of let's say couple of re-raises or all-ins recently. That would make my decision lot easier!

Hope it helps!
    • gadget51
      Do we have info on his showdown hands and what they were in those raised cbet pots? Did they go to showdown? How many hands do we have stats for?

Looks to me like he wants to play stacks and I wouldn't be happy.

I ask because I could fold here, as nitty as I sound! :) It takes a lot to get me to shove TPTK to a raise, just because villain has done it before doesn't mean he's always at it.

I just would like to see a showdown or two in these spots before committing just because he seems to play like a pilchard; sorry, recreational player.

Just my opinion and not to be taken literally, veriz I am not! :)

• MancaMulas
      I would fold on the flop. Not confortable playing for a stack with TP
    • veriz
      Hello VorpalF2F,

He will also have there worse Kx hands most likely and maybe even just draws, so I would just ship it and play for the stacks. Otherwise fold, Calling is the worst option.

Best Regards.