[NL20-NL50] TPTK + nuts fd

• TheTK
      TheTK
      Bronze
      vs 25/21 fold to cbet 38%

Party, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $51.07 (102.1 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T A
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 2 7 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.13, BB raises to $6, Hero calls $3.87

Turn: ($15) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $9.50, Hero calls $9.50

River: ($34) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $21.53, Hero folds

Results: $34 pot ($1.70 rake)
      Final Board: 2 7 T T 9

what to do with this hand? I think shoving flop or turn only better hands call and since i have the A of diamons i think he's not semi bluffing. Should i call the river or fold?
  • 4 replies
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Don't think many people 3 barrel bluff on this board, as what are you getting to fold that gets to the river?

Plus I think a lot of people are likely to reraise their flopped sets and medium flushsas they have to slow down when any diamond comes on the turn or river.

The only other hands that I can see playing like this are K-JT which are obviously unlikely and most people are going to reraise AA - JJ pre.

So yeah, guess I take the same line here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TheTK,

It's BvB fight, so he could easily even be raising with bluff on the flop or just semi-bluff/Tx hand+draw or whatsoever. What's about his AF? What about raise CB?

I would even consider 3betting it right on the flop and get it in with my TP+nutFD rather than calling and never getting even implied odds. Why? Cause you are OOP, if any other comes he wont be paying you.

Best Regards.
    • TheTK
      TheTK
      Bronze
      I think his raise to cb was high but it was only a 100 hands. I think that when i shove the flop here, only better hands call. And if he bluffs i let him barrel me, and just call him down (if he's bluffing and a diamond hits he might try to bluff me again). But when we come to the river i don't think he's bluffing me again. So as Millsyuk says, what is he getting to fold there? Toughts?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by TheTK
      I think his raise to cb was high but it was only a 100 hands. I think that when i shove the flop here, only better hands call. And if he bluffs i let him barrel me, and just call him down (if he's bluffing and a diamond hits he might try to bluff me again). But when we come to the river i don't think he's bluffing me again. So as Millsyuk says, what is he getting to fold there? Toughts?
      That's the problem with the Call-down, if you Call the turn then you should also Call the river, there is no way I am going to Call the turn and then lay it down on the river, he could easily have Tx and even bluffs as you said -> he is aggressive.

He is definitely 3barreling here to get off your oveprairs if he is aggressive enough. :)