please help

• sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      please help me how can i store my hand history in pokerstars in my computer

i already saved my hand history when in pokerstars i clicked

options > instant hand history options > ticked box for saved my hand history for 365 days

but when i open my c:\ users\comp name\app data \local\pokerstars\hand history its always empty

why it is empty when i have clicked to store my hand history for 365 days in pokerstars ?
  • 12 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey sim5sim5,

The only thing I can think of is that you should make a new folder on desktop and direct hand histories there. If that doesn't work either, you should contact Stars support.

Also from PokerStars FAQ:

Saving your Hand Histories is quite easy – simply go to the PokerStars Lobby screen and select ‘Options’, then ‘Instant Hand History Options…’ (if this option is grayed out, go to the Missing Features :

You will now get a prompt, where you need to check the ‘Save My Hands History’. Check it and click OK – you are now saving all your hands:

Also take note of the option to ‘Change Folder…’, which will let you choose a custom location for your hand histories, along with the ‘Open Folder’ button which lets you instantly open the folder where you are currently saving your hand histories. Using this prompt, you can also choose the language in which your histories are written, and for how long they are to be stored on your computer.

Hope this helps?
      Ingrid
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      Thanks ing :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      no problems :) anytime!

Hope you'll find a solution. I've also encountered this and I just created a new folder, worked out.
    • Th0m4sBC
      Th0m4sBC
      Bronze
      You shall be carefull tough with creating a new folder. Hold'EM Manager for example does asume that the pokerstars hhs are in the 'default' folder. If you change, you should alternate the path manually.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Th0m4sBC
      You shall be carefull tough with creating a new folder. Hold'EM Manager for example does asume that the pokerstars hhs are in the 'default' folder. If you change, you should alternate the path manually.
      yes, I also had to change in HEM too. I wasn't sure if you use any software?
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sim5sim5
      but when i open my c:\ users\comp name\app data \local\pokerstars\hand history its always empty
      If you're using tracking software (Hold'em Manager(HEM), Poker Tracker(PT), Elephant...), they might be archiving the hand histories. I don't know about PT or Elephant, but HEM stores them in "C:\HMArchive" by default :)
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Th0m4sBC
      opps ur correct i changed my folder from c:\ to desktop for hand history & now i can see all my HH in that new folder

but as u said i am now facing problem in PT3 , it has stop working :(

what should i do in PT3 to get it changed ?

i am confused ?(
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey :)

Im not a PT user but i imagine its not that much different from HEM :) so if you go to the screen where the start auto import button is there should be an option to add a folder to import from i would imagine that you just select your new folder :)

I hope this works if not let us know

Carl
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      in pt3 its already showing my new folder under han history dictory :

but still pt3 is not working

now i have changed my hh folder back to earlier one & its back to normal
    • Th0m4sBC
      Th0m4sBC
      Bronze
      Only guessing: maybe PT did not have the rights to import files from that folder.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by sim5sim5
      please help me how can i store my hand history in pokerstars in my computer

i already saved my hand history when in pokerstars i clicked

options > instant hand history options > ticked box for saved my hand history for 365 days

why it is empty when i have clicked to store my hand history for 365 days in pokerstars ?

If u are using PT3 u need to uncheck the box on the import / auto import tab marked "move processed files" or just navigate to the location it's archived which is usually C:/Program Files/PokerTracker 3/Processed

Also pt3 and hem2 need to be "run as administrator" if u are using windows vista although i don't think this applies to other versions of windows
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      I've moved this thread now to our software board to get you some more help! :)