robeddie's poker career

• robeddie
      robeddie
      Silver
      hi everyone,

just got my bonus today, i've download Texas Grabem can anyone recommend any other software? i'm playing on pokerstars.

I'm going to get started on playing soon!!!!

my current bankroll: $50

my objectives:

-read all bronze level articles for holdem
      -watch some videos
      -unlock the rest of the bonus!!

cheers, robeddie
  • 4 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey robeddie and welcome to the world of real money poker! :)

Texas Grab'em only works for PartyPoker, so depending on what you plan on playing I would suggest some different programs.

Equilator: For calculating ranges and playing around with Equity is a definite must have sooner or later

PokerStrategy Elephant: Has the same functions as Grab'em but actually works for PokerStars. Also records all of your hands, and opponents hands - so while still being in Alpha testing already a powerful program: http://devblog.pokerstrategy.com/

If you are planning on playing SNGs I would definitely advise the ICM trainers ;)

Otherwise have fun reading the articles, watching videos (perhaps visiting some coachings) and clearing up that bonus!

Best regards and good luck at the tables,
      SoyCD
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Welcome robbedie, good luck with your progress and don't forget to keep us informed of your (poker)carreer!
    • robeddie
      robeddie
      Silver
      hi all,

made a start last night after reading the bronze articles on SSS and played on a few tables, with mixed results.

I'm having problems with elephant cos apparently I need 2000 points for it work??? but it gets all my brothers data from titan poker(on same computer)!!

moment of the last 24hrs - pocket kings and 2 kings come on the flop :)

my bankroll $52.90

objectives,

-get some software to get hands and post some hands in the forum
      -improve SSS game
      -carry on reading
      -work towards the bonus
      -watch videos+coaching
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi robeddie,

Elephant should still work without the 2000 points because it is still in the Alpha phase - could it be that you have your portal settings put incorrectly?

Usually Elephant works without problems for me on PokerStars.

Best regards and good luck on improving your game!
      SoyCD