fold, Hero raises to $0.28, BTN calls $0.28, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.71) 4:heart: 6:club: J:club:

Hero bets $0.53, BTN calls $0.53

TURN ($1.77) 4:heart: 6:club: J:club: 6:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($1.77) 4:heart: 6:club: J:club: 6:heart: J:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.88, Hero folds

59/22/2.4, fold to cbet 50, 51 hand

cbet and give up? he can easily call with draws and then see the weakness from me and bluff, so maybe catch his bluffs on river? We can also split the pot if he has Ax. I show clear weakness by checking two streets and invite such player for a bluff. But bluffing agaisnt such fish also does not work often.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

I wouldn't CB in first place against such an opponent here, so just Check/Fold.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I think AK is very strong on this flop, I should often be ahead against his range, because he should often also have just some high card. So isn't it too weak to check/fold? Plus there is backdoor FD
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Hello,

the problem is that u are oop. That means in this spot that if he doesnt fold we would have to c/f the turn mostly. This board is hitting his range quite a lot. He is not folding anything here. Probably even not over cards.

As u have seens in this hand this is classic fish line: call flop, check turn and bet river. They are doing it all the time. So if u cb here and not planning to bet other streets as well u are just wasting your money.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I think AK is very strong on this flop, I should often be ahead against his range, because he should often also have just some high card. So isn't it too weak to check/fold? Plus there is backdoor FD
      Well, and what's your plan on turn then? :) Check/Fold?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Well, and what's your plan on turn then? Check/Fold?

Yeah, if I don't hit at least draw. Yeah, the fish exploits that. But there are 10 clubs left and 6 overcards good for us. Of course those outs are not clean, because he now can have a flush if the club hits. But if lets say ace hits and he has A2, we can get two streets of value.

If the club hits, we bet and if he raises, we know he has us beat with his flush. But if he has nothing, probably he will give up on turn most of the time. If he has a flush draw, then again its good, because if the river is club, we can get value from his weaker flush.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Then it doesn't really make sense. If you Betting for value the flop and you think you are far ahead vs his range then you should also 2nd barrel the turn or either just Check/Fold right on the flop. He can float you with any crap and included draws which would just take you down on turn and you would be hardly exploitable by this play.