[NL2-NL10] KTs NL2 vs super tight

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      semi bluffing at any point during this hand seems like a bad line for some reason, not to mention I put him on JJ+, which that bet would obviously garner no fold equity against vs agressive player like myself.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3.39
      Hero:
      $5.21
      UTG1:
      $0.8
      UTG2:
      $2
      MP1:
      $2
      MP2:
      $2.05
      MP3:
      $2.6
      CO:
      $5.02
      BU:
      $0.84

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , T:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.06, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.04.

makes me call less then a couple percent of stack to hit my big hand, hes playin so tight with his PFR that i will get value from his AA KK QQ as well as any hand like AK.
        I figure i can manipulate him all in once i hit my hand.

Flop: ($0.13) J:spade: , 5:heart: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

not a bad flop, i rule out the over cards as outs cuz i put him on high PP as i stated earlier. good implied odds to hit my hand if hes the type to never fold AA or KK type hands.

Turn: ($0.29) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.2, Hero calls $0.20.

loose call here, but my implied odds are still good in my opinion.

River: ($0.69) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.91, UTG2 raises to $1.66 (All-In), Hero calls $0.75.

i hit what i think is the nuts, but i dont want to check the river as well, so i decide to make it look like bluff, not a value bet which would make sense because this river hits all draws, so i make unorthodox bet and thankfully it works this time.

Final Pot: $4.01

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows (Jh Jc)
      Hero shows a flush, king high (Ks Ts)

Hero wins with a flush, king high (Ks Ts)
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Overall it's really close while you are OOP here but of course it's doable if you think you have the implied odds and if you go that far on the river then there is not much to do than go broke. But the question is if we really should over-bet because this exactly looks like strong hand and he will have hard time calling with a lot worse.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      yeah, like i clearly knew pot odds were not in my favour, but a big leak in this limit i noticed even in myself, is the inability to fold high pocket pairs no matter the board state.

i kind of dont like playing oop in that situation because i am pretty well stuck on the river, even if i do hit...

i was asking myself should I c/r, or b/r, or just overbet and hope he either calls with AA KK, QQ, or of course hope he raises me..

im starting to see how hard it really is to gain pot CONTROL when playing oop..im gonna save my dollars for hands i get to play IP from now on I think..