[NL2-NL10] 77 freeplay NL2

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      i tried to get as much value out of him as i could, but the turn forces me to worry of a flush, straight, any other hand he might think is worth raising all in, ugh...such a bad turn card...just kills the action, and hits all possible draws.

imagine this...he has good preflop starting hand, amazing flop...great river...... but the turn card...is just so AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAD.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.07
      BB:
      $3.76
      Hero:
      $6.92

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with 7:diamond: , 7:club:
      Hero calls $0.02, 6 folds, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.06) A:diamond: , 8:diamond: , 7:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.12, SB folds, BB calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.30) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.26, BB calls $0.26.

River: ($0.82) K:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.6, BB calls $0.60.

Final Pot: $2.02

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, sevens (7d 7c)
      BB shows (Ah Kh)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, sevens (7d 7c)

guy limps that, b/c the flop?????? WTF...lol. so tight not even funny.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Raise the flop bigger pot size but otherwise looks fine while a lot of Ax hands pay you.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      thank you veriz. :) Do you think about .15c would be the raise on the flop, instead of my .12?

and do you think players might notice me raisin huge when I hit flop and start to fold after a while? or does this limit not adjust too well to big raisers like I'm thinking I need to become, and just call anyways?

I noticed when I first started noticing leaks in my own game, the main one was I was making bad calls when I knew clearly most of their range beat my range. So maybe I can take advantage of other bad players that have that same leak by making them call rediculously big bets/raises like 4-5x even when im IP? just to build the pot fast and protect my hand while taking advantage of their leak of calling too much?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Do you think about .15c would be the raise on the flop, instead of my .12?

Pot size would be 18 cents.

and do you think players might notice me raisin huge when I hit flop and start to fold after a while? or does this limit not adjust too well to big raisers like I'm thinking I need to become, and just call anyways?

It's NL2 don't worry about that. :D

I noticed when I first started noticing leaks in my own game, the main one was I was making bad calls when I knew clearly most of their range beat my range. So maybe I can take advantage of other bad players that have that same leak by making them call rediculously big bets/raises like 4-5x even when im IP? just to build the pot fast and protect my hand while taking advantage of their leak of calling too much?

Yes, raise big and make them pay you!
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      noted noted and noted :) .
      how do you calculate a pot size raise again? nvm i'll go search it on google lol.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      noted noted and noted :) .
      how do you calculate a pot size raise again? nvm i'll go search it on google lol.
      Unfortunately you don't have access to the article. :( But it's here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1586/1/
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      no worries. i plan on paying for silver status once I know I can get off the NL2. I want to move up to the NL16 before investing any $ in pokerstrategy. I can beat NL2, now I just need time more then anything :)

got the pot size raise thingy out of the way.

player A bets $5 into a $10 pot. I can call the $5 , making the pot $20, plus raise another 20, making my raise $25 total.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Pot size Raise = 3x opp bet + pot. :)