[DONE] Sidekick - capping my CPU power

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since Sidekick was out for 888 poker I'm trying to use it but I just can't.

Simply put, whenever I load Sidekick while playing my CPU shoots to 100% use and the computer starts to lag. Then Poker Tracker stops working, the poker clients start to lag and I start to miss hands due to timeout etc.

Not good.

Have other people had any issued with that? Any possible solutions? Any fixes coming? Etc.?

Cheers,
  • 9 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey luizsilveira,

we fixed this issue in an earlier version, this shouldn't be happening.

Please send us this folder (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\PokerStrategy.com\PokerStrategy.com SideKick\Logs) compressed into a .rar or .zip file via email to application-services[at]pokerstrategy[dot]com.

We will take a look at it and figure out the reason for the performance spikes.

In the meantime try the following:
      Open up your hand history folders and remove old files from every folder (for every poker client you have installed). Move your old hand hidstory files to a backup folder that's not located within the folder, in which your hands are saved initially.

Make sure to include a link to this thread, your username and this number (1097) in your email.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrk1988
      Hey luizsilveira,

we fixed this issue in an earlier version, this shouldn't be happening.

Please send us this folder (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\PokerStrategy.com\PokerStrategy.com SideKick\Logs) compressed into a .rar or .zip file via email to application-services[at]pokerstrategy[dot]com.

We will take a look at it and figure out the reason for the performance spikes.

In the meantime try the following:
      Open up your hand history folders and remove old files from every folder (for every poker client you have installed). Move your old hand hidstory files to a backup folder that's not located within the folder, in which your hands are saved initially.

Make sure to include a link to this thread, your username and this number (1097) in your email.
      I'll send what you asked.

About the hh folders... well, they are all empty since PT3/PT4 send all hh to the "processed" folders anyway...
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Have you already sent us an email?
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrk1988
      Have you already sent us an email?
      Sorry I hadn't.

Right now I'm trying but even opening the folder lags SO MUCH I can't really do it.

(still trying)

edit: even if the folder has only some 50Mb.

Anyway, it's compressing now (taking a while obv), soon to be sent.

edit2: damn, the compressed logs still have 45Mb. I'll split them to be able to email them.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      40 minutes later, now it's all sent :)
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Thanks - got your mail. We are on it!
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hello luizsilveira,

we just had a look into your log files and found a lot of unsupported Omaha Poker hands.
      There are hundreds of Omaha hands and every single hand thows a parse exception and gets listed in your logfile, that's why the log is so huge and maybe your pc so slow.
      Please notice the PokerStrategy.com SideKick only supports Hold'em Poker hands.

We'll fix the Omaha handling, but in the meantime I suggest to stop the PokerStrategy.com SideKick when going to play Omaha.

Cheers,
      Lars
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      if you can't live without it, setting cpu affinity to a single core only would be a workaround , but you would need a dual core CPU or better.
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hello luizsilveira,

we've changed the Omaha error handling now and playing Omaha with an active SideKick shouldn't slow down the overall performance of your PC anymore.

But please remember Omaha is still not supported and I recommend to not run the SideKick while playing Omaha.

Cheers,
      L