Everest poker site

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      Hey, i just have a few questions about everest poker site.

I used to play @ Full tilt poker, before it shut down, but i found it a lot player-friendly pokersite (graphics, multitabling etc.)

So for example: is there an auto rebuy button on somewhere?
      is there any way of filtering the cash game tables search to
      just 0.01/0.02 or 0.03/0.05 blinds? i couldnt find it, the lowest
      filter is 0.05/0.10.
      can i change how the cards look like? The picture cards are
      just horrible graphics.

thx for an answer
  • 17 replies
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zumpar

I used to play @ Full tilt poker, before it shut down, but i found it a lot player-friendly pokersite (graphics, multitabling etc.)

filter is 0.05/0.10.
      just horrible graphics.

thx for an answer
      is there an auto rebuy button on somewhere? No :( pretty annoying having to reload all the time. esp when multi-t'ing X(

filter is 0.05/0.10: Nope :( just the low medium and high filter :(

just horrible graphics. Nope :( pretty much suks huh? :D

Im moving sites at the end of the month, the main thing that i hate is the lack of auto-reload!

Welcome to everest btw! :s_thumbsup:

What game/limit/tables you playing?
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      im currently playing NL2 SH tables.... mostly 4-5 tables at the time under the name "zumpar99"

played about 1000 hands total so far (in last 3 days), with a profit of $18... so currently sitting on 68 bucks.
      its going painfully slow tho, im thinking on moving to NL5.

what do you play? something like NL10? :)
      what poker site will you be moving to?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ooh thanks for the info gxtwo! :heart:

btw i'm moving this thread to the Everest board so other everest players (or those thinking of playing there) can also see :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zumpar

filter is 0.05/0.10.
      just horrible graphics.

thx for an answer

the software had never changes since stone age. do not expect to get such things!
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      Rather than start a new thread Ithought I would post here. Does anyone else suffer with the software slowing down when opening more tables?
      It's fine with four tables open but five is a bit dodgy and god forbid I open six when the cards freeze during the deal and I can timeout before I've even seen my cards!
      It's not my internet connection which is both fast and stable and I have not had this problem anywhere else. Any thoughts.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      dont know about that one pal. I play 4-5-6 tables at the time and never had any issues. If some, it was due to the internet connection.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by morris979
      Rather than start a new thread Ithought I would post here. Does anyone else suffer with the software slowing down when opening more tables?
      It's fine with four tables open but five is a bit dodgy and god forbid I open six when the cards freeze during the deal and I can timeout before I've even seen my cards!
      It's not my internet connection which is both fast and stable and I have not had this problem anywhere else. Any thoughts.
      With a very slow internet connection (and moderate computer) I never had such a problem with 6 tables. Both on my desktop (WinXP) and laptop (Win7).

Edit:
      Forgot to mention that I'm using the simplest table setting. Black table without chair (don't remember the exact name)
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies guys. I have contacted Everest support to see if they can offer any advice.I redeposited a few bucks on Stars and opened nine tables just to make sure it wasn't a new problem with my PC and had no difficulties.So I can only think there is something with the Everest software that my PC doesn't like.
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      I dont have any problem up to 10 tables. Simple table style. But my computer is quite good and I had serious problems on slower ones (could play up to 6 tables without sitouts).
      So I think the problem is your comp, maybe Everest soft isnt optimized that well.
    • XZaar
      XZaar
      Bronze
      The problem is your processor for sure. I had the same issues then bought a new desktop and now its smooth 10 tabling.
    • battery3
      battery3
      Bronze
      morris979

Yes, it happened to me as well. Played four tables, and after like 30 minutes it was slowing down. Yep, sometimes after playing for hour or more I was time out before i'd seen my cards.

I checked processor usage, and it was almost always 100% by Everest poker at those moments. Probably it is poker room software bug. And since not many people replying it is quite specific.

I played on 4 years old dual core notebook with Vista. Set low graphics settings both for poker room and system. It was better than with default settings, but anyway not that good. So, I've upgraded my PC and now there are no problems with speed. At least for 4 tables :)
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      Yes. I have been having these same problems too. My computer is old but works fine with Pokerstars, Ongame, Ipoker and Merge. But with Everest - no!

I have just updated my five-year-old PC to 1.5 GB ram. According to Everest Software specifications on pokerstrategy, a minimum of 250MB is required. So 1.5GB is plenty. However, same old problem! All the other sites work perfectly. I can multi-table Pokerstrategy $100 freerolls at Betfair, Euro Poker and Euro777 without any issues of lagging, or freezing. But should I try to play a single cash game on Everest, with no other site running at the same time I hasten to say, I often can't get a game going at all.

Now here is what is doing my head in. :s_confused: I can play 6-max sngs on Everest without any issues. Never had a problem as long as I single table only. But should I attempt to play full ring cash game then I usually (not always) experience all the problems you mention. I am sick of waitng for the dealer button to come back round to me because I was folded out and declared 'sitting out'. If I then attempt to play another hand I must first post another BB even though the dealer button has yet to make a return to my seat. This must surely be a bug? Having to pay for another BB every time you get folded out by the laggy software?

I tested Everest again last night. Same Problem. I noticed before I posted my first BB that the play was pausing after so many hands (say every five or six hands), at the end of a showdown. The game would freeze for 10 seconds or so. The players weren't declared 'sitting out' though. So the problem must be at my end I guess. My broadband connection was 'excellent' according to Everest's lobby.

I really don't know what to think. 6-max sngs work fine. I've played over 300 of them and never had an issue. It is just FR cash games and FR MTTS.

My processor is 400mhz. Is that fast enough for Everest?
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      Tried to play a FR cash game again today. No success. I was put on 'sitting out' because I failed to post a BB on time. Like in 0.2 seconds upon request!!

Because I have had no problems playing 6-max SNGS at all, I then decided to try 6-max cash game. Guess what? Yes! I could play a game with no issues at all, regarding game lag, freezing, or being folded out before I am able to bet. What's going on? Is it a bug? Does FR cash game use more memory than 6-max? Surely not!? My 6-max cash game went along very speedily. No lag, freezing or being folded out before being able to bet.

I don't get it!?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by arthurbentley
      Tried to play a FR cash game again today. No success. I was put on 'sitting out' because I failed to post a BB on time. Like in 0.2 seconds upon request!!

Because I have had no problems playing 6-max SNGS at all, I then decided to try 6-max cash game. Guess what? Yes! I could play a game with no issues at all, regarding game lag, freezing, or being folded out before I am able to bet. What's going on? Is it a bug? Does FR cash game use more memory than 6-max? Surely not!? My 6-max cash game went along very speedily. No lag, freezing or being folded out before being able to bet.

I don't get it!?
      Hi there arthurbentlley,

Have you contacted Everest to tell them of your problems? They may be able to assist you ;)

Best regards,

Gary
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      Yes, I have done that already. They replied with a generic letter explaining that the fault is at my end, not their's. All I can say is what is fault then?

Furthermore, the BB bug has got nothing to do with my end. That clearly is Everest's fault with a software glitch of some kind. Also, when I play 6-max sngs, many of my opponents are sat out of the game 'not responding.' So clearly, others are having similar problems also.

I suppose I will have to stick to playing 6-max.

Thank you for replying. Obviously, I need to buy a new computer if I want to play all game types at Everest.

I think I shall stick to playing 6-max triple-ups.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by arthurbentley
      Yes, I have done that already. They replied with a generic letter explaining that the fault is at my end, not their's. All I can say is what is fault then?

Furthermore, the BB bug has got nothing to do with my end. That clearly is Everest's fault with a software glitch of some kind. Also, when I play 6-max sngs, many of my opponents are sat out of the game 'not responding.' So clearly, others are having similar problems also.

I suppose I will have to stick to playing 6-max.

Thank you for replying. Obviously, I need to buy a new computer if I want to play all game types at Everest.

I think I shall stick to playing 6-max triple-ups.
      This is disappointing. I would re-write them an email looking for a concrete answer to be honest.
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      Just to say that at the moment Everest works fine on my computer. So this proves to my mind that the problem isn't my computer.