How do you review your hand history?

• Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      I like to use HEM2 Hand Viewer, I find it faster than using the replayer.
      But are there even more efficient ways to review your sessions? What shortcuts have you discovered or just best ways to analyze large amount of hands after sessions.
      I once heard HEM for just stat tracking and then using elephant for session reviews.
  • 3 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Krishjanis,

it seems quite redundant to me to be installing both HEM and elephant. i review hands by filtering first what i want (eg biggest pots, or a certain session, or hand etc ) then going down the line. would be cool to see how other people do it. some really good vids in the archives too, just cant remember atm. will ask someone to pop by :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey Krishjanis,

Thanks for posting!

You'll be fine without Elephant if you have HEM2 - having both isn't really any better.

If you want to find a specific session that you played, you can view these on the "Sessions" tab under your reports in HEM2.

Reviewing your hands in the database replayer is the most efficient way in my opinion and this is how I usually do it, you can also line up a selection of hands you want to review and hit "Replay all" to take all of them into the re-player so you don't have to individually click them.

My thoughts are the hand replayer is the best way to go through your hands, especially when showing them to other people, you can even record your voice and get your thoughts down about each.

Our video producer BogdanPS made an awesome video series, here you can learn really good techniques for Database review:

Database Doctor & Stats Surgeon Series

Hold 'em Manager Introductory Videos

Stay tuned in the video section for more Hold 'em Manager stuff in the next weeks!

Hope this helps!

-E
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      I've moved this thread to the relevant board guys! :)