This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

I'd rather study than play

• matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Last month I started playing HUsngs mixing $5.50s and $3.30s. Had to move down to just $3.30s cos I decided to have stricter BRM.

Now in these last days I have had more motivation to study poker then to actually play. I look forward to reading or watching a video but I'm dreading the moment when it's time to open a few tables. I'm scared more of this will happen:

I know it's not much and I'm not new to these types of graphs but it's making me sick. I appreciate any advice or ideas.
  • 7 replies
    • DukeXIII
      DukeXIII
      Bronze
      Jared Tedler The Mental Game of Poker :)

You ll need to put a lot of work of course not just read it but I think he is the best to help with any kind of problem has to do with the mental game

It s all about programming your mind. Or like training a dog
    • Ohs
      Ohs
      Bronze
      Have you seen TwiceT's HU sng series? I would highly recommend it to you if you already didn't.
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      I'm the same at the moment so I don't open it up, no point playing if your mind isn't in a good place. I've got Jared's book so I'll report back to you if that helps. Good luck!
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Bronze
      I'm liking Jared's book but the thing really does need a lot of study. The improvement will take time, especially when it comes to the accumulating anxiety that builds when you're running bad. I certainly play a lot less than I used to.
      Have decided to make a new start at another site and study a lot. Been unable to access the strategy guides available here so am looking forward to getting into it.
      On a side note I have taken the 200FPP I had at Pokerstars and turned it into tourney dollars and am playing $1.50 SnGs to build a little bankroll there (I cashed out yesterday and plan to go to Party). Played 3 games so far and made just under $20 - not bad going! Only one suck out (that knocked me out of the one I failed to cash in) but doubt that my downswing is done with me yet. Must persevere :) .
    • Borisian
      Borisian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by deezer79
      On a side note I have taken the 200FPP I had at Pokerstars and turned it into tourney dollars and am playing $1.50 SnGs to build a little bankroll there (I cashed out yesterday and plan to go to Party). Played 3 games so far and made just under $20 - not bad going! Only one suck out (that knocked me out of the one I failed to cash in) but doubt that my downswing is done with me yet. Must persevere :) .
      How did you turn your FPP into T$?
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Bronze
      Go into FPP satellites and win to gain entry to a specific tourney. Find the tourney and unregister, turns to tourney dollars and you can play whatever you want.

Pissed away the last of them and haven't cashed for 5 in a row (am playing last one now). Can't win a flip and have run into trips more times than should be possible. Crazy! Turned 13T$ into $20, so can't be so bad. Might cash in this last game, don't want to jinx it but am chip leader :) .
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Thanks for your replies. I can't get Jared's book yet though.

Just played a little and I wish I didn't. I'm trying to learn but I'm getting so frustrated, I fucking hate going through this crap.