I'd rather study than play

• matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Last month I started playing HUsngs mixing $5.50s and $3.30s. Had to move down to just $3.30s cos I decided to have stricter BRM.

Now in these last days I have had more motivation to study poker then to actually play. I look forward to reading or watching a video but I'm dreading the moment when it's time to open a few tables. I'm scared more of this will happen:

I know it's not much and I'm not new to these types of graphs but it's making me sick. I appreciate any advice or ideas.
  • 7 replies
    • DukeXIII
      DukeXIII
      Bronze
      Jared Tedler The Mental Game of Poker :)

You ll need to put a lot of work of course not just read it but I think he is the best to help with any kind of problem has to do with the mental game

It s all about programming your mind. Or like training a dog
    • Ohs
      Ohs
      Bronze
      Have you seen TwiceT's HU sng series? I would highly recommend it to you if you already didn't.
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      I'm the same at the moment so I don't open it up, no point playing if your mind isn't in a good place. I've got Jared's book so I'll report back to you if that helps. Good luck!
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      I'm liking Jared's book but the thing really does need a lot of study. The improvement will take time, especially when it comes to the accumulating anxiety that builds when you're running bad. I certainly play a lot less than I used to.
      Have decided to make a new start at another site and study a lot. Been unable to access the strategy guides available here so am looking forward to getting into it.
      On a side note I have taken the 200FPP I had at Pokerstars and turned it into tourney dollars and am playing $1.50 SnGs to build a little bankroll there (I cashed out yesterday and plan to go to Party). Played 3 games so far and made just under $20 - not bad going! Only one suck out (that knocked me out of the one I failed to cash in) but doubt that my downswing is done with me yet. Must persevere :) .
    • Borisian
      Borisian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by deezer79
      On a side note I have taken the 200FPP I had at Pokerstars and turned it into tourney dollars and am playing $1.50 SnGs to build a little bankroll there (I cashed out yesterday and plan to go to Party). Played 3 games so far and made just under $20 - not bad going! Only one suck out (that knocked me out of the one I failed to cash in) but doubt that my downswing is done with me yet. Must persevere :) .
      How did you turn your FPP into T$?
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      Go into FPP satellites and win to gain entry to a specific tourney. Find the tourney and unregister, turns to tourney dollars and you can play whatever you want.

Pissed away the last of them and haven't cashed for 5 in a row (am playing last one now). Can't win a flip and have run into trips more times than should be possible. Crazy! Turned 13T$ into $20, so can't be so bad. Might cash in this last game, don't want to jinx it but am chip leader :) .
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Thanks for your replies. I can't get Jared's book yet though.

Just played a little and I wish I didn't. I'm trying to learn but I'm getting so frustrated, I fucking hate going through this crap.