[NL2-NL10] Ak

• carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $3.25 (81.3 bb)
      MP: $21.17 (529.3 bb)
      CO: $1.92 (48 bb)
      BTN: $5 (125 bb)
      SB: $5.06 (126.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $4 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A K
      UTG raises to $0.08, MP folds, CO calls $0.08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.26) K 2 Q (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.12, CO calls $0.12, Hero raises to $0.74, UTG folds, CO calls $0.62

Turn: ($1.86) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.86, CO calls $1.10

River: ($4.06) 8 (2 players)

Have I done anything wrong?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello carrapa,

Why do you Check/Raise the flop? What worse hands do you think are calling there? :)

But overall I guess depending on the opponent if he isn't very nitty I would just queeze preflop and maybe even play for the stacks vs not even a full stack.

Best Regards.
    • carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      yeah, I should've squeezed pf... But on the flop I c/r because I didn't want to donkbet.. If I did a 3bet pf I would definitely bet the flop :f_cool:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by carrapa
      yeah, I should've squeezed pf... But on the flop I c/r because I didn't want to donkbet.. If I did a 3bet pf I would definitely bet the flop :f_cool:
      Well, what do you think which is stronger line, either donking the flop or Check/raising it? Which will scare weak Ax hands away? Rather Check/Call the flop and donk some blank turn. :)
    • kochke
      kochke
      Gold
      ask for veriz
      lets say carrapa bet on the flop instead check/raise
      what would you do if he raised your bet?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by kochke
      ask for veriz
      lets say carrapa bet on the flop instead check/raise
      what would you do if he raised your bet?
      That's the plan what we should ask what we want to do with the Bet to achieve? If we get raised we most likely ain't doing very good and to avoid such a spot I would most likely Check/Call and if it was such a small Bet on the flop then donk the turn but of course that would be another turn card some blank. :P

But if we do raise then most likely I might even Donk/Crying-fold cause what else do you expect to beat what raises you?