And I introduce myself..

• alphabeat
      alphabeat
      Bronze
      Hello all,

I'm Arun, a 24 year old engineer and recreational player from India, and I got on PS about a month ago. I generally beat my friends at hold-em, and so thought i'd try my luck on the internets! So got my 50$ on ps, and started playing at poker 770.

Has been reasonable going so far, am breaking even in 20c SnG's and 1$ HUSnG's. I really need to figure out how to start winning at these limits before releasing the bonus and moving up.

Shall post about going on's. Do help keep me motivated!

Cheers,
      ~AB
  • 9 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey Arun,

hows it going? a warm welcome to the forums! your first post and already silver! where have you been hiding? that's pretty cool that you have a real profession :D . do you actually work as an engineer or still in studies?

you know whats good for motivation? setting goals for yourself and maintaining a blog. have you checked that section of the forum yet?

smiles,
      wendy
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Welcome Arun!

Fizz is correct! set yourself up a Blog, perfect place to keep track of your progress :D

Although you're playing SNG's, If you ever happen to think of playing Cash, check out our NL Beginners Course. Some of the course may also help your SNG Game ;)
      The course starts with the basics of which hands to play, in what positions, whilst moving onto the basic match of Odds/Outs, eventually giving you a good all round basic knowledge of the game, A must do for any serious player ;)
    • alphabeat
      alphabeat
      Bronze
      Hey Wendy, Matt!

Thanks for the welcome! Just getting to the forum after my worst downswing yet, $3 in one session. :f_cry: :f_cry: Tsk tsk. Oh well, shall call it a day and get back to the tables tomorrow!

@Wendy Hehe, yep, I do have that 'real' profession! Yeah, been working a little over a year now, for a company that makes network stuff. So in a way, i help build the internet so I can be lil fish for you sharks!

The blog is a very fine idea indeed! What kind of goals would you recommend to one setting out?

Cheers!
      Arun
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      You could setup all sorts of Goals!

Lets try a few...

Play X Hands Per week
      Play X SNG's Per week
      Watch X Videos / Read X Articles Per Week
      Get my Bankroll to X by X
      Post 5 Times a Day on the forum ;)
      Learn to control my tilt more.
      Learn MTT or Cash Play
      Join the Beginners Course & Complete Homework 1

Those are just a few, have a look at some of our users Blogs and steal a few ideas :D
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      haha don't sweat the downswings. they are inevitable (i repeat, inevitable).
      if you use correct BRM, then you don't need to worry about them at all but just playing your best A-game possible.

have a look around the blog section and see what sort of goals the other guys put up. i think one you can follow from newbie to coach is lessthanthree, our resident SNG coach and expert. :heart: who knows, you may be following his path someday. it will just require a lot of persistence and hard work :)
    • alphabeat
      alphabeat
      Bronze
      Heylo all!

Ah, the poker blog bug got to me too! I used to be a prolific writer, but haven't written anything in years. So feels good to start again.

Do check out my latest work :f_biggrin: , A balancing act: a blog

stay awesome,
      Arun
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Your title instantly reminded me of...

• alphabeat
      alphabeat
      Bronze
      Pleased to meet you! Hope you guessed my name
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      ib4onemerrion

:f_thumbsup:

gl sir!

edit: best alias of 2012? i think thats a lock.