I want to improve so badly

• PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      Is not about money, is about beating this game!!!

I want to improve/beat this game so badly right now, will the committee help me up a little? I'm playing at Stars (after FTP was down) mainly on $3 SnG, but moved down due to downswing, had been pretty bad luck for past 2 weeks.

I heard the micro is pretty easy to beat, but I'm hanging here breaking even right now...
  • 20 replies
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      What do you think is holding you back?
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Breaking even isn't THAT bad, you know. You could be losing money when in fact you're not.
    • PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by verneer
      What do you think is holding you back?
      I believe there must be some leak in my playing... It's either I push too much or with cards I shouldn't, or maybe I'm too tight at late stage. But without a hand tracking software I can't judge... I installed elephant but don't really understand much how it works other than tracking my bankroll.

@NIVEKii
      I'm breaking even after down for awhile, so... yeah.
    • Rufus433
      Rufus433
      Platinum
      How many sng have you played in these 2 weeks? It's all about volume in micros, you just need to grind your way out of them.

Just work with ICM trainer and re read some articles and check if you are doing it in right way.
    • PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rufus433
      How many sng have you played in these 2 weeks? It's all about volume in micros, you just need to grind your way out of them.

Just work with ICM trainer and re read some articles and check if you are doing it in right way.
      Really not much, not higher than 50. I've been trying to slow down after a slight downswing, and also a little busy on uni at the moment.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey PaTaPaTaPoNn,

I've asked one of my colleagues to come explain to you how the Elephant software works. Once we got you set up and you understand a bit more, you can monitor your progress much better.

Whats even more important now is that we speak a little more about this
      It's either I push too much or with cards I shouldn't, or maybe I'm too tight at late stage. But without a hand tracking software I can't judge

In my opinion playing with out having the answer to the above is not a good start. I use our Equilab software to keep track of what hands should I play from different positions or ICM trainer

Can you download it please and we can go through how to set you up!

Turn that sad frown up side down please! :)
      Ingrid
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey PaTaPaTaPoNn,

Check out our ICM Trainer, which will teach you and give you an idea when to push or fold.

With Elephant: make sure you are saving your tournament hand histories locally, elephant will then pick them up and you can track your progress under the tournaments tab.

Don't forget to check out the Sit & Go Live Coachings, Articles, and I see you are already Silver level so there are loads of Sit & Go Videos to watch in our Video section!

It's nearly impossible to judge if you are a winning player over such a small sample size, it's important to approach a good number of Sit & Goes with a decent A-game, put in the volume and make reviews of your play - don't forget to post your hands & discuss in the Sit & Go Strategy Forum!

Most importantly, play your postition, be patient for your good hands and you'll get deep most of the time in those $3 Stars tournaments, I used to play these before switching to BSS and I got deep often by multi-tabling and being patient, and from there monitoring and exploiting the few opponents left - but when it comes to micros it's being patient and waiting for your spots and putting in the volume.

Hope this helps - study hard and you'll be crushing the games in no time!

-E
    • PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      Wow thanks for the replies!

a) I had past the ICM trainer (the Light version) before actually starting SnG, does the full version makes much difference?

b) Yup I had configured Elephant to save my hand histories, but on the tournament tab all I can see is the red line going down, couldn't see my own hand =/

c) Because of my legion, all the coaching are usually on midnight or dawn for my time, so it's quite hard for me to follow up the coaching session :(

Alright I think I'll start watching videos right away!
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Wow thanks for the replies!
      :f_biggrin:

a) I had past the ICM trainer (the Light version) before actually starting SnG, does the full version makes much difference?
      The full version is simply more bulky and has more of what you need.

b) Yup I had configured Elephant to save my hand histories, but on the tournament tab all I can see is the red line going down, couldn't see my own hand =/
      If you select any individual tournament on the left pane, it will show you how many hands you played - and display any hand you click on in the large field at the bottom, from there you can extract various formats to post the hand online as well.

I'm sure there are a couple of coachings which you can attend in your spare time, but videos make a great alternative and you can watch them whenever!

Did you see the Equilab? It's a calculation tool used to work out Equities in a hand, and it can be used while you play so it's very useful tool to have installed and ready!

Hope you enjoy the videos - just post any questions about the video for the producers in the comments section!
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Instead, try to improve goodly.
    • PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      Instead, try to improve goodly.
      :D
    • PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      Hey guys, finally my downswings are over... Thanks for the help provided!!

My previous 20 SnG on Stars $1.50 placement since last night:
      6th, 5th, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 1st, 4th, 1st, 9th, 3rd,
      3rd, 5th, 3rd, 1st, 9th, 1st, 3rd, 1st, 1st, 3rd.

The ninth places and 6th got bad beat >.<
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Nice work mate.

Its quite the drug this game they call poker. No matter how bad the consequences can be, we keep coming back for more, and when we start to win, we get the biggest rush.

Keep at it mate.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ah such great community spirit in here :heart:

glad to hear you are playing much better. the first step after all is realizing you need to improve :)

will move this thread to beginners section. why dont you start a blog? the way ahead is still long and full of challenges.

smiles,
      wendy
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      Is not about money, is about beating this game!!!

I want to improve/beat this game so badly right now, will the committee help me up a little? I'm playing at Stars (after FTP was down) mainly on $3 SnG, but moved down due to downswing, had been pretty bad luck for past 2 weeks.

I heard the micro is pretty easy to beat, but I'm hanging here breaking even right now...
      U need a motivation and a goal/objective if u wanna beat this game.
    • PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      Alright I moved back up a limit because I've reach back my limit, and all table got crushed at once...

Should I just, stay at the minimum level for a little while more? Any suggestion how long I should stay?
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Simply move up when you feel comfortable!
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Alright I moved back up a limit because I've reach back my limit, and all table got crushed at once...

Should I just, stay at the minimum level for a little while more? Any suggestion how long I should stay?
      Hey mate, if you are about, maybe get a sweat session going or something. Happy to help if i can.

rob
    • PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      Apparently my result got me into Stars weekly SnG micro top 100 list! xD