When to leave a table? FL

• Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I've noticed an interesting thing while I play. I sit down at a table and I start playing, I usually take 30BB to a table. Then I make some profit and I keep on playing, then I start to get tired and I loose some money and I keep playing and when I am in the red I usually leave... Not the smartest thing to do.

Well it's been happening to me lately, I'm only playing some very low limits for fun now soo it's not that much of a problem, but it made me think, would it be smart to set a limit as to when to leave? Like when you make 10-20BB profit you leave? I haven't seen anything in the FL articles, but has anybody set a limit for him self and what is it?

I'm thinking if I buy in with 30BB I should leave when I'm at 45BB, would that be ok?

Any personal preference?
  • 4 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Never leave unless the table is bad.

Usually when you win a lot on a table it means bad players, bad players means profit.

It will help you more when you try to find the moment where you start to play bad and stop then.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Hehe... Yeah thought of that, but the point is that after a couple of suck outs I usually don't want to play anymore :P so basically I, not always just most of the time, leave without any profit...

My biggest problem is probably endurance, when I played 6-tables at a time I couldn't play for more than an hour :D But that was OK, because I left just before I started acting stupid :D , but now I'm playing only a little for fun(1-3 tables) and it's fun only till you make money :)

I'm still making some profit, but I really wanted to built my bankroll to at least 300EUR till summer(that's when I'll start playing seriously again, can't wait wiii :D ), so I wouldn't have to deposit the money I withdrawed. But these 0.05/0.1 limits are so slow.....

Soo I thought of setting a limit in BBs so I can know when the fun stops :)

Anyway I don't mind losing when I sit down at a table, but when I make a let's say 15BB profit it just isn't fun to have a suck out and losing 10BB :( soo then I quit.

OK, way to long, but I agree don't quit until you start playing poorly, but I think there is also a psihological aspect to it. You act a little different after making a certain amount of money, soo a BB limit still has a point.

PS: Sorry for the long post, must be a record in FL section :D
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I watched some very old video with David Sklansky and he said something like "it's cash management (not bankroll) and it has nothing to do with poker.. It's one of the big mistakes players do."

you shouldnt go for winning sessions but just for money. It doesnt matter if you have 4/10 winning sessions as long as you have possive BB/100.

And another thing: the longer you're sitting there, the more respect you earn (while winning) + you are getting more reads = much better situation than starting again against 3-4 unknown players
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      And another thing: the longer you're sitting there, the more respect you earn (while winning) + you are getting more reads = much better situation than starting again against 3-4 unknown players
      Eh, what reads. I can give you a general read for micros:
      ALL THE PLAYERS ARE RETARDED!

The one or two good players are easy to memorize and avoid or play differently.