[NL2-NL10] NL4: AA - fold after re-raise on Turn?

• BigZebula
      BigZebula
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Known players:
      MP3:
      $3.47
      CO:
      $4.10
      BU:
      $6.32
      SB (Hero):
      $4.47
      BB:
      $1.61
      MP1:
      $5.74
      MP2:
      $4.49

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, CO raises to $0.20, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.48, 2 folds, CO calls $0.28.

Flop: ($1.04) T, 4, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.74, CO calls $0.74.

Turn: ($2.52) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, CO raises to $2.88, Hero calls $1.08.

River: ($8.28) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.28.

After the raise from CO pre-flop, I re-raise. I realise that I should have re-raised 3x bet (i.e. to $0.60), but this was my first ever session on the PartyPoker site, and I messed up on the betting-slider.

First to act after the flop, I don't see anything on the flop to worry me, so I bet 3/4 pot for value. I'm not worried about the call, so I do the same on the Turn. But CO re-raises all-in. The Pot is $7.20 and it costs me $1.08 to call. My main question is should I have folded? Also, is there anything wrong with my other post-flop raises, or their size?
  • 4 replies
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      yeah I dont know what veriz will say, but i dont like your reraise preflop at all. I would need more stats to know how to better exploit the CO's range preflop. is he agressive or loose? will he call a big 3 bet or fold everytime no matter how big?

anyways as played, preflop you gonna play the hand oop, so start pot building ASAP. get the reraise bigger..about .80 would be the correct size.

on that flop, your bet sizing is stellar. 68-75% would be the correct bet, as there are really no draws to be worried about considering the CO's 3 bet calling range preflop would be a bit stronger then J9s or 97s. It is possible he reps a set on the turn, but you are going broke anyways by making this type of bet on the turn. It says, "I have a better hand then you. Bring it." So just play for the stacks and you will even get value from AT K10, JJ QQ KK type hands. Players might even shove with AK and 99 if they think your bluffing. But the turn card changes nothing IMO. so just keep going.

What was the final result just out of curiosity?
      Can you please post villain stats next time? it really helps us determine the dynamics you were facing at the table :)

good luck!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BigZebula,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: 3bet size is way too small here, I would do it $0,60 at least.
      Postflop: Not much you can do there while being in a 3bet pot but fix your 3bet size preflop.

Best Regards.
    • BigZebula
      BigZebula
      Bronze
      Many thanks for your evaluation and feedback. Much appreciated.

BTW, how do I get the villain's stats e.g. whether he will call a big 3 bet or fold everytime?

The result was the villian had pocket 10's and won :o(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BigZebula
      Many thanks for your evaluation and feedback. Much appreciated.

BTW, how do I get the villain's stats e.g. whether he will call a big 3 bet or fold everytime?

The result was the villian had pocket 10's and won :o(
      You need a tracking software for that like Holdem Manager or PokerTracker. :) Or free software from PokerStrategy Elephant.