Cannot use HEM2

• Michael1199
      Michael1199
      Bronze
      Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help. i just installed trial version of HM2 and i get this error 'Could not communicate with holdem manager.com to validate your licence features. you must re-authenticate online before continuing to use holdem manager offline'

any help would be much appreciated
  • 4 replies
    • carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      I have the same problem. I've been using the trial for a few days, but today I can't use it after doing an update. Anyone can help?
    • TiltedFold
      TiltedFold
      Bronze
      i dont know much about the problem but this might be helpfull to some:

It apear from what i read on another forum that the only viable solution is to :

1- Uninstall

2- Reinstall with the installation file that you used in the first place
      (the older version)

3- Dont apply the update ; click 'cancel' and wait until they fix the problem

this would be for someone with the demo version, Real version users might be able to login on the site, enter their key and update properly.

the problem seems to be that demo users dont have a key in their account in the first place so they cant use it once loged on the website to get autentication.

X( I had a bad feeling when i pressed the update button, 'Why update if the program is working perfect for me in the first place?' i wisely tough. Its hard to believe that they updated 'minor' fixes and tweaks, but left all the demo users in front of a black wall, many on the verge of buying the program.

I will now reinstal the program, but i dont want to lose my hud options ;
      i invite anyone who know how to save or export the settings to post a quick tutorial and important tips on how to reinstal HM2 without losing the settings,

thanks guys and good luck
    • carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      everyone who have the problem go to 2+2 forum (won't post the link because it's from outside the ps and I don't know if it's permitted) and on the software threads search for the big one of HM... Go to the last pages and do exactly what the guy from HM support says! I have the HM2 running again :)
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      See this: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/189471-2-0-0-6309-hm2-internal-pre-release-version-license-fix.html

There was a license bug in the last update for trial versions.