Any advice?

• Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      Hi everybody

im going to play in my first big live tourney in two weeks time and was wondering if anyone has any advice for me.

I alway play live tourneys but they are jut your average pub type tourneys in my local area so i to have experience of the live game.

I was just wondering if there is anything i could be doing in preparation or what should i expect or do on the day etc.

The tourney im talking about i the superpoker event of europe being held in Dublin, Ireland on the 25th of this month, anybody else playing this?
  • 7 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Maloco87,

How big are we talking? As in a large Buyin that may effect your decision because its too big? Do you play these limits online too?

Just play your normal game, don't let anyone intimidate you, you've got just as much a chance as them!

Preparation... Get a good nights sleep!

You may also want to read this Article we have :)
      Live Poker Tells
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      big as in field, over 2000 players will be sitting down to play on the same day with a buy in of 350 euro I have never paid this much for tourney before but i have to give a tourney like this ago some time and this is the one ive been planning to play for the past year

Im confident I can do ok if I really focus and play my A game, I would also like to get seated at the same table as November 9er Sam Holden it would be great to stack him lol
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Maloco87,

I'm sorry I can't help much with advice, I too am new to live games.

I would suggest you try to avoid Sam until the final table; then, who cares eh? :D

As Matt says, don't be intimidated and think they must all be great players because it costs a lot to enter, that just won't be true as you will see.

Oh and if you get AA in the big blind and utg shoves his 3bb on the bubble, try really hard not to jump up and down or grin like a lottery winner until evrybody else has had their turn ok? Lol. :D :D

The very best to you. Run good and keep us posted please?

Mal.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      You should create a Blog, and keep us updated throughout so we know how your doing! :D
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      i was thinking about doing that actually, whats the best section to do it in?

Do you mean a blog for my play in the event or a general poker blog
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Maloco87,

Here's the link to the blog section;

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1435

I think a blog of a live MTT player would be very interesting to a lot of people. I for one shall subscribe! :f_biggrin:

Have fun,

Mal.
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      Cheer lads

I hope I have a great success story to write about in the near future