pokerstars mtts

• summerbank
      summerbank
      Global
      Hi I deposited 200 dollars on pokerstars about 6 months as i liked the look of their micro tourneys as i play mostly tourneys on i poker, but my bankroll has dwindled down to nearly 100dollars as ive only min cashed roughly every 6 or 7 tourneys, where as i can final table on ipoker quite regurlary and am doing well there as there tourneys usually have 3 or 400 hundred runners where as pokerstars can have up to 6000 running in there tourneys, i am thinking of pulling out of pokerstars as their tourneys are nearly impossible to break in to the top 20 to make decent cashes, how does any body else playing the micro tourneys on pokerstars find them? i usually practice good brm and dont buy in any higher than 2 dollars
  • 6 replies
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      there is ofcourse alot of varience in these large fields mtt's. Shipping one of these is difinatly possible and playing well will increase your chances. If you would like to have abit less varience you could play the mtt's with a player cap and perhaps mix in the 45, 90 and 180 man SnG's with your mtt's
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      well you will get absurdly sick variance playing 6k runners MTT, so you'd need like 500 BI BRM as a minimum and well, if you grind a lot of them, you will get a good cash after all.
    • summerbank
      summerbank
      Global
      i would play about 4-5 mtts per night on average between ipoker and pokerstars, so how many mtts would you guys average per day?
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      imo if you don't play at least 500/month it's way too low
    • Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      QFT

Its nearly impossible to make decent steady profit playing anything less than that in my opinion, unless you manage a sick run against all the odds which is very unlikely.
    • gusma
      gusma
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Daenerys
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      QFT

Its nearly impossible to make decent steady profit playing anything less than that in my opinion, unless you manage a sick run against all the odds which is very unlikely.
      true!

Variance is too high in huge field mtts.