Advice needed from pros

• das
      I'm having a very tough time.

About a mth ago i got the free $50 from PS. After about 1week to 2weeks, i lost it all.
      Recently just collected the rakeback from FTP, lost it as well in about 3 days.
      3days ago i decided to deposit my own cash. $50 and try once again.
      In the end, left $6.

I'm playing SSS and strictly according to the SHC.
      Starting i was losing abit then winning abit, everyday i would breakeven or lose about 1/5 of my BR.
      I was starting to think that maybe SSS is not suitable to play on FTP, then i switched to SnGs. I played the $2+0.25 SnGs because the $1 rake were too high. Did not work out as well. I've read all the articles in the strategy sections afew times and watched most of the videos.

I'm thinking of depositing again as i do not want to give up so easily, i do love to play poker, but i have some qns.

1)How much should i deposit and which poker room should i deposit?
      2)Which game should i play, SSS or SnGs or BSS?
  • 4 replies
    • gemgem69
      try pokerstars/ipoker, games are softer full tilt is well known for being quite solid.

I didn't get along with SSS either I switched to sngs when my br went down to $25 and havn't looked back since.
    • helemaalnicks
      1. dont deposit at all.
      2. none.

Id advice you to play for fun, since if you try 3 times, and go broke every time, you are probably doing something wrong, and you lack talent. If you like playing for fun, set a strict limit on how much you can lose, and play whatever you like best.
    • Cardbender
      nm i entered in wrong post sry
    • SoyCD
      Hello das,

I think if you decide to deposit again you should take it upon yourself to take it very seriously. That means posting hands, and discussing other posted hands in addition to just reading articles (and perhaps also visiting some coachings). It seems to me that you might have several strong leaks in your game that need to be found before you can become a winning player.

Depositing money will only help if you are actively improving your game. The site where you decide to deposit on depends on what format you want to play (SSS/BSS/SNGs) and which format you choose depends on what you think is most fun. I suggest reading a lot of strategy, and getting youself mentally prepared and then simply chosing one.

Best regards,