• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1633479
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $34.93 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 20, 3B: 10, AF: 1.3, Hands: 175

Hero (SB): $38.09 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 6, AF: 5.0, Hands: 55266

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with K :heart: K :club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, Hero raises to $3.10, 1 fold, CO calls $2.35, 1 fold

Flop: ($7.20) Q :spade: 5 :spade: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.05, CO calls $4.05

Turn: ($15.30) Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.75, CO folds

In the hand I was intending to go broke if CO raised. Analyzing the hand now I don't know what exactly to put in CO's raising range on the turn:
      -55/77/QQ when they are not raising flop they should certainly not raise turn
      -trip Q, only 4 KQ combos remaining + some QJs and QTs are in his range but I don't expect him to raise turn with those either, what for?
      -straight draws/flush draws? Why raise them? He can keep calling representing a wide range and stab the river if he misses and I check.

Q: What range for raising do you give CO?

Q2: Would you raise a draw in CO's place on the turn?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

-55/77/QQ when they are not raising flop they should certainly not raise turn
      -trip Q, only 4 KQ combos remaining + some QJs and QTs are in his range but I don't expect him to raise turn with those either, what for?

Likely QQ eould call, but I think that worse boats would raise turn to make sure most of the money goes in with nuts. Qx hands would also likely raise turn, unless he has smt like QTs

-straight draws/flush draws? Why raise them?
      - since Q is scary card he may try to semibluff with his draws especially being deep, but most players would not do that.

He can keep calling representing a wide range and stab the river if he misses and I check.
      - he can likely force you to b/f your overpairs, that is huge win for him rather than see draws missed and then folding to 3-rd river barrel (if you´re bluffing) and iof you check river then a lot of times to either give up yhour bluffs or c/c your showdown value hands.

Q: What range for raising do you give CO?
      likely any pp to KK, some 76s, 87s, 56s hands and Qx hands, most likely KQ and QJs

Q2: Would you raise a draw in CO's place on the turn?
      - depends if I feel like you´re going to b/f or b/c. Likely would not raise, since I think you´re not going to fold your overpairs there.

Best regards,
      -