LP: $10.72
      CO: $9.24
      Hero (BTN): $17.84
      SB: $10.83
      BB: $3.00
      UTG: $2.98

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has J:heart: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, fold, CO calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.15, 2 players) 9:club: 4:club: A:spade:
      CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.15, 2 players) A:heart:
      CO bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

River: ($3.75, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      CO bets $1.80, fold
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

What kind of opponent are we against that you picked 3-bet for value there? But otherwise most likely I would have still CB the flop while you might even time to time make a better hand to fold like QQ and might even protect from some hands and make it for free showdown.

But of course your play ain't wrong either.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

What kind of opponent are we against that you picked 3-bet for value there? But otherwise most likely I would have still CB the flop while you might even time to time make a better hand to fold like QQ and might even protect from some hands and make it for free showdown.

But of course your play ain't wrong either.

Best Regards.
      We are against a looser player. As I remember Fto 3bet was 25%or33% so basically he is capable of calling with a lot of ATs+,AJo,KJs,KQs and of course a lot of PP.I thought about Cbetting but in this 3bet pot I thought the FD comes also in play so I went for Pot Control and aswell keeping weaker hands in play. Why I didnt call the river is because I felt that he bets it for value. That he put me on a stronger PP and he bets smallish so I could call. Also his fold to cbet was ~50%.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well of course this play is possible but now again he could easily just turn some kind of hand into bluff there and maybe even bet like that with weaker PPs. :) So therefore it might be even safer to Bet the flop and maybe even protect from overcards.