• NLdutchies

I'm NLdutchies here on the website. I'm playing poker for over 2 years now. I have been away for 8 months from the poker tables. When I stopped I was playing NL25 and NL50 on 888 poker.

I witdrawn my hole bankroll to my poker bank account. I just deposit a small bankroll to 888 poker to start from the beginning and build my bankroll from there.

I noticed that after playing for a week now it's coming back to me and I'm start building my bankroll.

Why start all over again? I want to learn from my own mistakes and find out where my big leaks are.

I hope to climb the limits the coming months.

I'm now playing the 0.01/0.02 limits and they are easy to beat if you count the sick bad beats out.

What i hope to get out of this course? To become a winning player on the lower limts again to increase my bankroll and work on my leaks.

I will be joining the coachings from nowon.

• 3 replies
    • NLdutchies
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I have more motivations of playing poker. One of them is the fun of the game. I like the excitement the game gives to me. Another thing is building my bankroll so I can earn some extra money for an MTB vacation end of the year. But having fun and the excitement is the important thing for me. But you need the money to play the game :)

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

My biggest leak I didn't find yet. Maybe playing sometimes to passive and other times to aggressive. I notice that I sometimes cbet on the wrong moments. That is something I need to work on. But this is something I need to figure out the coming weeks. I will post it here when I findout something.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Playing tght aggressive means to my opinion that you play a selective set of cards and when you play, you play your hand aggressively. But knowing when to give up your hand so you don't become a maniac. Another important thing is playing most of your hands in position and only your premium hands from early position.
    • veriz
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

What about tilt? Do you adjust something against it? For example:
      Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • RasTweet
      Dag NLDutchies!

I've seen you on 888 on couple of times. I did notice you play a more solid game then most of the ppl their. Most of the ppl on 888 are fish anyways :p

The best of luck with the beginners course!