How useful is a HuD in STT?

• CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Hello,

I recently started playing SnGs and im doing fairly well at them (currently up about 80BI at the level I play). I used to play cash before and I used a HuD when playing cash. Im currently playing 9 tables and I do not use a HUD when playing SnGs. I was wondering how useful it actually was? Once I hit late game I normally have like 4-5 tables opened so I can actually see how frequently some players are pushing and get a good idea of their range without a HuD. Also, I play speed so early stage only lasts like maybe 15-20 hands. There are not that many regs, so therefore I was wondering what would be the point of using a HUD in micro SnGs considering the style of play changes so fast and that you dont see the same opponents all the time.

Thanks
  • 12 replies
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      HUD is usually used just to see if the guy is a regular or a fish. In the MTSNGs, if the guy has 14/12 he is a regular and will push much looser than a guy that is at 22/10 (fish or recreational player that doesn't necessarily know the push/fold stage play)
    • Th0m4sBC
      Th0m4sBC
      Bronze
      If you are playing 9 tables at once, a HUD will do lots of good for you. Knowing, how much buttons some1 raises, how often he steals in the SB, those are all very value able information.
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Th0m4sBC
      If you are playing 9 tables at once, a HUD will do lots of good for you. Knowing, how much buttons some1 raises, how often he steals in the SB, those are all very value able information.
      Yeah so I suppose the information used is much more basic then in cash game right? I mean %cbet or %fold to 3bet and stuff like that only become significant after a while no?
    • MadInAVacuum
      MadInAVacuum
      Bronze
      You definitely need cbet%, especially in the early stages. You need mostly steal% and fold to steal%. Also 3bet%.
    • masfe
      masfe
      Bronze
      tbh i just use VPIP PFR and 3-BET, the rest i just ignore.
    • Th0m4sBC
      Th0m4sBC
      Bronze
      I really depends on the person, how many states one want to use. Whatever you are missing, you put in the HUD. Whatever you never take notice of, you kick out of the HUD.
    • Mahlzahn
      Mahlzahn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Th0m4sBC
      I really depends on the person, how many states one want to use. Whatever you are missing, you put in the HUD. Whatever you never take notice of, you kick out of the HUD.
      This! In a Sng-HUD or a Tourney-HUD yousimply focus on what you really need...secondary infos can easily be put in a popup. Collecting reads is way more important :)
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      VPIP/PFR/3b...some steal/fold to steal tendencies - this is a must, others are just on yourself - obviously it is no use to have hud with million stats and not looking at them or confused of them and so on...so keep it simple and add in future. I didnt ever used %cbet and %foldtocbet for your information, so...:) STTs are basically played preflop mostly...
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      I use this setup which seem to give me a guide on an opponent :

VPIP/PFR/AF

STL_CO/STL_BTN/STL_SB

FLD_SB/FLD_BB

CBET/FLD_CBET
    • MarioAK
      MarioAK
      Bronze
      cbet stats are needless in turbo games, but 3B should be in ur hud
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarioAK
      cbet stats are needless in turbo games, but 3B should be in ur hud
      elaborate ?
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      imo HUD is v useful in SNG and I had it almost running when playing.
      It will be more relevant you will play more tables - you get easier/quicker idea about your opponents
      It's not so important in turbos.