Fastest Way to Build a BR: Cash vs SnG!

• CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Hi guys! I’ve been thinking recently of making a blog with my friend itblue, he’s playing cash BSS, as for myself, I’ve lately switched to MTSnG’s.
      The blog will help us track our progress, interact with you guys, learn a heap(I hope) and see who’s gonna make the most moniezzz!(me)muhaha :]

We'll each present ourselves and our goals/challenges , strategies/approaches so ...

* Who em' I?

I'm not going to be too detailed in this section but in short my name is Luke, I'm currently studying at Coventry Uni.(UK) – Enterprise and Entrepreneurship. I love party’s, love having fun (this kinda' fun) :D ->

-> building a roll for that…:heart:

* My poker background?

After seeing some impressive results from some fellow MTT strategists and some threads on 2+2 I've decided to start with some $1, 45-90 man - turbo - on Stars.

I’ve been playing poker for 3 years now, mainly cash. Had some decent success with SH BSS on Stars, I reached NL25 but I had to cash out part of the money for uni… so that’s that...

" Cash vs SnG "

There was always the debate between cash or sng's, which is the fastest way to build a BR so I really hope we can answer that question here!

As for myself I'll be tryin' some 45 man, 90 man and hopefuly, in some time, I'll switch to 180's on Stars.

To keep up the volume we'll be posting challenges and weekly/monthly goals.

* Goals

" My main goal is to multi-table 30 tables "

*Because I'm relatively new to Mtt's, first I want to learn the pushing ranges better and then pump up the volume

- [ ]Get from 9 to 30 tables until 15th of Feb.

- [ ]Do at least 300 push/folds in Sit and Go Wizz

- [ ]Read Sng Blueprint Part 1,2,3,4

- [ ]Watch 3 MTT vids on PS

- [ ]Get in one or two study groups

This is my weekly goal, I'll come with some monthly goals once I see how things go...

* Where em' I now

As for my Bankroll I started with 150 bi's - playing the $1 90 man, turbo. One thing I have observed was that because I didn't had that many tables at the $1 I added some $1.5, 45 man, turbo and the result...

As u can see my ROI is -60,I didn't play many of them of course, only 42 but...but I think I'll stick to the $1 ones.

My graph till' now :

Played 279 of them, 0.5,1,1.5 in the last 3 days... it's going decent, but I have to start doing those simulations on sng wizz. I have a ton to learn...

My BR stands at:

* AAaand a thread saver(it's a MUST I guess!) :P

Now, I'm off to the tables :D , wish us luck! ( itblue needs it! :f_biggrin: ), I'll leave u with him, See ya guys! :heart:
  • 39 replies
    • itblue145
      itblue145
      Bronze
      ey Gusy, I'm itblue(Ray) a cash game Bss newbie that tries to grow up the limits. I'm currently surviving NL6 and tryin' to get to NL10. Living in Coventry, studying Software Engineering first year, living in the same flat with Luke.

Short Story?
      Hm.. Started in November when Luke introduced me to poker. As we live in the same flat, he showed me some tricks, some basics and so on. Get 50$ free for PS => and the Titan stole em from me :f_biggrin: . Deposited 100$ more => The Titan strikes back! Ofcourse I didnt play in bankroll :f_biggrin: Get some 30$ free on Redkings and lost em all. And so on..

Eventually, in this new year 2012: I deposited 150$ on 888. Lost till 60 because I played nl6 and the scared money took 90$ away from me. As I realised I cant win, I starded to play in bankroll verry strictly. Started at nl2 on 888, then nl4 and here I am at nl6.

Goals?

:spade: nl20 by april
      :heart: nl10 by march
      :spade: 6hrs a day
      :heart: study 50%/ play 50% of my leisure time
      :spade: 50k hands a month

Here is my graph on 888, as u see in the graph didnt played much..

See you on tables gusy!

*thread saved*
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Thread *AUDIO* Saved! :D

I think we made our point aleady :tongue:
    • qMantas
      qMantas
      Bronze
      GL & HF Guys :)
    • itblue145
      itblue145
      Bronze
      Harsh times for me last 2 days.

At first I did not know what is happening with my play, but I either chatting while playing, either concentrating on other things. So my problem is my concentration. I figure out if I do all my best to be concentrated I can be so.

Another tip was from Luke: "Let's play Chess before every session"

As this weekend I had the ineptitude for wining, I hope I'll recover this week by increasing the hands played and the hours of playing with my concentration as a high level as it should.

Hope to have 300$ br by the weekend.

This is the graph for my last 2 days.

edit: darn! I rlly dunno how to focus ?(
    • itblue145
      itblue145
      Bronze
      Today when I reached 290$ in my br I tought to myself " Hm.. lets make a shot at nl10" heh, silly me..

You can see yourself what happened.

Lost AKs vs JJ after a fish went all in 3 times in a row. Put him on a wider range and I fall in his kinda trap. Guess I need a bigger br to get upper to the nl10. Got to grind nl6 tonight so I can repair the damages.

Can you advise me bout a good line in playing oop?

Cheers, Ray.
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Good luck guys on the tables!

And cryogenic, don't be rushing into mass multi-tabling. It'll come with time :) You probably knew this already but I'll tell you anyway: 30 tabling isn't just about your poker skill, you actually need to be eating healthy and getting some oxygen up in that brain. It's kind of like when you workout, you start at 20lbs (10 tables lets say), and you work your way up to 40lbs (30 tables) by making your muscles stronger. This might sound just dumb but I can say that by only eating chips and ice cream, I did a gabillion mistakes at 30 tables. :f_confused:
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      That's exactly the conclusion I got to, and it's easily seen on the graph, I'll try to stick to ~12-16 tables where I'm comfortable for the moment! Tx mate and GL on those 180s :s_cool:
    • itblue145
      itblue145
      Bronze
      As I recovered my loss last night, it's time to hit nl10 again.. Hm let's see what happens :D

Last night graph

Yday I did a good deed, when I saw one piece of reg tilted, I advised him to stop playin' :D and he kinda did so. I coulda take his money, but I'm happy with myself :f_biggrin:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      oh gosh, how did I miss this! Good luck guys! :D

:f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o:
    • itblue145
      itblue145
      Bronze
      I'm hurt at nl10 again, this time I wont stop till I'm down to 250. Now I'm 275 again :(
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Yeah IngridN kinda' late isn't it? :f_biggrin...just kiddin' :D Thank yoouuu! :heart:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CryoGenic
      Yeah IngridN kinda' late isn't it? :f_biggrin...just kiddin' :D Thank yoouuu! :heart:
      :D sorry I'll try to keep up with things, [x] successfully!
    • itblue145
      itblue145
      Bronze
      Hm, interesting day today. Tried our nl10 again, and it crushed me till a moment. I was kinda scared those days idk why, but then I realised that they are same players as nl6 so.. wtf? why am that scared? :f_confused:

Here is my graph for today, its past two days cuz after 12am my HM creates another day. So thats why I post my graph past two days.

So I went to nl10, I got crushed then I got up again :-? hm..
      Now, my next goal is nl20-25 :D
      Hope I'll be ok :f_confused: :f_confused:

Now, lets see hm..

One day I will afford her :s_biggrin:
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      One day I will afford her :s_biggrin:

EPIC! =)
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Special little vid! :heart:

I feel like a spoiled brat now! :f_mad:
    • itblue145
      itblue145
      Bronze
      I lied bout the girl

:s_love: :s_love:
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Hi! :D

Update: Playing some mtt's while listening to this:

Anyways, gonna play some 12-16 tables till` 6 am :s_cool: gonna update ya'll then! :]

OMG...I just love that APP!!! :heart:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CryoGenic
      Special little vid! :heart:

I feel like a spoiled brat now! :f_mad:
      I loved this. Thank you for posting! I keep telling my friends and family or anyone I meet, that they can have whatever it is they want in life,they just have to really go for it. But, really go for it.

regarding your nl10, can we see some hands?
    • itblue145
      itblue145
      Bronze
      Yes Ingrid, but I'm making a poker lockdown. Yday I lost till 200, in some words: nl10 crushed me. Maybe I am not ready enough...

Anyway, at least my EV was having a good time at nl10 as I was 30$ under Ev.

So, see ya in two days. I'll play 12/24 to recover the damages.