$3.54
      MP3 (Hero):
      $4.00
      CO:
      $4.37
      BU:
      $4.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3, 3.
      MP2 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, CO raises to $0.16, BU folds, SB calls $0.14, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.56) 3, A, 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, CO calls $0.25, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.06) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70.

River: ($2.46) Q (2 players)
      Hero raises to $2.89, CO calls $2.89.

Final Pot: $8.24.

Villain 28/19 af 1.8 foldvscbet 33% 62hands

I know i miss sized the cbet,and i should have bet more on the turn so i don't have to overbet the river when i shoved... so those mistakes are noted,but excepting that.

Is going all`in there totally fine for max value?i think any Q will call maybe even Ak
  • 5 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      I would have played the same way except betting much bigger @ flop+turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Bet bigger on the flop, bet bigger on the turn and ship the river. :)

Best Regards.
    • netrogrant
      netrogrant
      Bronze
      hey,

just a quick question from a new poker player,

why bigger bet on the flop? I though you'd want a 1/2 pot bet roughly for a caller with you having probably the best hand at this phase?

not questioning you saying your wrong btw :P i just remember things better when i can reason them out to myself thats all

thanks in advance!
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      There are a lot of reasons to bet bigger there,one of them is because on that flop if he did hit he`ll call a standard 3/4 cbet as well and if he didn't you won't get much of the hand anyway.... another reason would be that you want to make the bet sizes the same even when you hit and when you don't so players won't get a read on you based on bet sizing ...and the last thing would be that you want to get max value of the hand,betting bigger on the flop you`ll generate a bigger pot so with the same % of the pot size now you get even more money in with a turn bet and in this particular hand you want to get all your chips in,having called bigger bets on previous streets now the villain has less money than what's in the pot already and it makes it more likely for him to call the river shove (the thing that you wanted in the first place)

I lost the hand because he had AQ,but that's just a small part of his range that will chose to go broke with there... he did hit a two outer on the river... the line i took was ok as the coach confirmed it
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      why bigger bet on the flop? I though you'd want a 1/2 pot bet roughly for a caller with you having probably the best hand at this phase?

If he has a hand he is willing to pay you anyways no matter what bet and standard Bet on the flop would be 2/3 not 1/2. ;)