New Laptop

• 11 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I have the dearer version of that laptop, and it is great. No problems at all. It is currently on offer in PC world for £500, should be £700. I would recomend HP to anyone. Hope this helps! Good Luck
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Get an Asus machine. I have the G1S 15,4" myself. And find the lowest price/most bang for the buck. And no, no salesperson will give you that.

Best of luck.
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      Thanks guys..

By the way anyone know anything about graphics cards?? is the graphics card on the laptop anygood..
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      Just see to it that the graphicsboard has at least 256MB of RAM. And also atleast 2GB of internal memory, the more the better. If you are using the computer mostly for poker that should be enough. Try to find models of different kinds in the stores and find a keyboard that suits you, it is vital to have a setup that feels good to you when it comes to handling or you will grow tired of it pretty fast. If you want a gaming computer it will cost a lot more then that one. And overall the sad reality when it comes to laptops is, you get what you pay for. The more expensive computers are 9 times out of 10 alot better.
    • Marivs
      Marivs
      Bronze
      I suggest you buy a laptop with a 17" screen if you don't mind it being bigger, a decent procesor (core 2 duo because those consume less power), a strong batery, 2gigs or ram, at least 120gigs of disk space and with a good geforce (8600M) or ati( HD2600 mobility) graphic card, doesn't matter which just as long as it isn't the integrated on the mother board one from Intel because those are mostly bad. And ofcourse it must have all the bells and whistles like wifi, bluetooth,...

The thing with laptops is that once you buy it you can't upgrade it much so it's better to spend a little more and buy a good one so it can last you longer.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Don't look at how much MB a gfx card has, manufacturers just put a lot on so it looks good, but in reality it doesn't change a lot.

As Marivs said it's much more important which card you buy, browse the internet a bit and read some reviews. Might be boring but it can save you quite a lot of money.
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      cheers guys.. i found another one for £699.99 a lot better performance and a 17inch screen, same as my current one, also a sony laptop..

Getting it built by my IT mate who works for the same company as mine.. He is very good at it and told him exactly what i want it for so its going to be custom made to suit my needs :)

Also 4 gig DDRII RAM.. :)

so hopfully i can start playing smooth poker..
    • Marivs
      Marivs
      Bronze
      Windows is capable of using ~3.5 gigs of RAM (except vista ultimate - 64bit version) so you don't need that much ram. And 2 gigs is enough so the money you save from those other 2gigs is enough to buy some other accessory for your laptop or take a better graphic card, better processor, bigger disc or you can buy a good mouse :)
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      bah :)
      my pc is with 256 DDR :D
      but still 4 tables + winamp + browser runs a bit slow, but still runs :P
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      sony vaio ar61 is a good choice if you dont travell a lot with it
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender