CO: $11.95 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 7, 3B: 7, AF: 3.3, Hands: 58
      BTN: $9.99 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 8, 3B: 7, AF: 7.8, Hands: 659
      SB: $13.90 - VPIP: 39, PFR: 21, 3B: 0, AF: 1.2, Hands: 189
      BB: $16.19 - VPIP: 54, PFR: 2, 3B: 0, AF: 1.5, Hands: 57
      Hero (UTG): $18.83 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 12, 3B: 4, AF: 4.2, Hands: 19605
      UTG+1: $5.64 - VPIP: 35, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 2.3, Hands: 51
      MP1: $10.22 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 1.5, Hands: 82

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with A :diamond: K :club:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, CO raises to $0.70, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.83, CO calls $1.13

Flop: ($3.81) T :diamond: 7 :heart: J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.81, Hero folds

Should I make my 4bet bigger? or is fine just 2,5x?
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Against smaller raise I would tend to go for bigger raise and also we are OOP. :) Or either maybe even just Call and play it OOP. Did you plan to play for the stacks?

Best Regards.
    • netrogrant
      netrogrant
      Bronze
      just a quick question as a beginner player, what does OOP stand for?

Thanks

*edit* oh wait Out Of Position yeah? sorry silly question
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Against smaller raise I would tend to go for bigger raise and also we are OOP. :) Or either maybe even just Call and play it OOP. Did you plan to play for the stacks?

Best Regards.
      I 4bet for infos and for fold eqiuty but also too talk to you about AK here. Should I fold it? Should I 4bet?? Should I call? So many questions and I didnt even add the ones that refer to bet sizes. Anyway the AK is simply hard to play right. I mean folding is an option but not really against this guy. Call I hate calling AKo OOP and especially against a 3bet min raise. Prize so cheap and you never know were you stand. AKs a bit different story. 4bet I isolate myself against a very strong range. This range adopting to the player would be JJ+. So basically Veriz how to approach the 3bet min raise?

P.S. I always hope that he or she missclicked
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Playing AK is always tricky but in long run it is very strong hand and of course we do many profit with it.

At this point we don't know exactly what COs min 3bet mean. So i like calling here the most.

If you make this 4bet and get called what is your play on missed flop. Cbet/fold or check/fold? Also are you going to go broke if CO pushes all in?

Well i don't agree exactly that if you call you don't know where you stand. If you hit A or K it is less likely that you are behind and with call you still have manageable pot. On missed flop you still have pretty cheap fold.

I agree totally with you...how many questions are there but together we will find answers on most of them :f_biggrin:
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883
      Playing AK is always tricky but in long run it is very strong hand and of course we do many profit with it.

At this point we don't know exactly what COs min 3bet mean. So i like calling here the most.

If you make this 4bet and get called what is your play on missed flop. Cbet/fold or check/fold? Also are you going to go broke if CO pushes all in?

Well i don't agree exactly that if you call you don't know where you stand. If you hit A or K it is less likely that you are behind and with call you still have manageable pot. On missed flop you still have pretty cheap fold.

I agree totally with you...how many questions are there but together we will find answers on most of them :f_biggrin:
      Well the point is if I call I will hardly ever extract value(my hand is extremely readable) and also OOP am not able to control the pot in case I hit on KJx board. My plan was to have the initiative and gainig fold equity. But I was mostly on 4bet/fold mode that is why I made my 4bet smaller so I couldn t commit myself. I hoped with my 4bet that he will lay down AQ,99-TT, AK all other then QQ+. On a missed flop it was important how the flop will be but on such one I think there is no way I can continue so I put myself into X/F mode. Of course I put myself against a very strong range but also to try play AK this way and talk to you guys so we could figure out what would be the best.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, then I would rather Call for so great odds as he gives me if I plan to 4bet/Fold. Why wouldn't we extract value from worse? Him being PFA he would most likely still CB the KJx board or whatsoever. Also we can still take pot control by Check/Call the flop and reevaluate on the turn.

Doesn't really make sense to 4bet/Fold there without even having any expectations that he is capable of 3betting loose.