Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $23,7
      CO:
      $31,2

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

No real 3B stats from CO

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , K:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,90, CO raises to $3,10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $6,90, CO calls $3,80.

Flop: ($14,20) 9:diamond: , 8:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8, CO raises to $16,00, Hero raises to $16,80 (All-In), CO calls $0,80.

Since i put him on a wider range i decided to bet a enough that i can call i get the odds for a call if he ships.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $25,8
      Hero:
      $23,3

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,90, Hero raises to $3,00, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $9,40, Hero???

I don't know anything about 3B/4Bs from MP3 and his 4B really looks like value.
      What's your recommendation against unknown in this situations?
  • 6 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Why weren't you fully stacked in both hands?

1st hand, I c/f flop. There are too many made hands in his pre calling range he is never folding on flop therefor out cbet creates little or no FE. As played we must call a shove cuz we do get round 20% we need.

2nd hand, if you 3b AK for value then you should be able to shove for stacks. If villains range is so tight that 3b is only for bluff(which is very rarely) and we can't play for stacks than you can just call preflop and se the flop.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      Why weren't you fully stacked in both hands?
      No autorebuy on my site.
      After i lose something in a hand i can only rebuy after the hand ends. There is only a 1 second timewindow for rebuying bevor the next hand starts so this happens quite often.

@2nd:
      Sure was the 3B for value but i don't know with what he gets it all in preflop so i don't always have to 3B/shove with AK. It depends on the range from the opponent, but what if i don't know anything about that range?

Don't quite see your point. If somebody steals with 50% on the BU and only 4B with AA/KK i will also 3B with my AK in the blinds.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      If somebody steals 50%, most of his range is air therefor you want to keep his air in play.
      Another thing u have to reconsider is his 3b flatting range. If he is very depolarised, this means he only 4b KK+ and never bluff 4b or calls 3b with marginal hands, than u never get any value with your AK by 3b/folding.
      You see my point?

As somewhat default play, flating here should be a good idea if we don't know opponent range and tendencies.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Yeah i see what you mean now.
      It was just self-evident for me that he can flat with a weaker range.
      But i don't know that either.

Btw. i shoved but i was not too happy about the situation. Rather go the save way against unknown next time.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Yeah FR on SSNL nowdays is so tight AK is rarely a stackoff preflop. Ofc always play your opponent and never generalize too much! ;)

EDIT; I see now it is sh. Your hand converter is funny as it confused me with mp2, mp3 possition :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

1) I would either b/f there 6$ or maybe consider shoving. Don´t think b/c 8$ is the best play, since he has there a lot of times pairs, rather than draws, but likely you get close to 22% equity so you can b/c half pot

2) Never would not fold there against 34/27 player. He should have there always QQ and AK in his 4-betting range and sometimes worse pp-s that should make easy shove with Aks

Best regards,