anyone came across....?

• zumpar
      these retarded freaks @ NL2 and NL5 who just bet the minimum every street no matter the preflop lead, position or whether they have something?

they do this with bluffs, semi bluffs, monster hands and everything in between. They just bet the minimum every time.

What is your strategy against these donkeys? do you call them with like a 2nd pair all the way through? or just raise them if u have a good hand?
      I mean, i tried sometimes to call them down with like a bottom pair, but there is no way you can tell where u @... they have nothing on the flop, they bet 5cents, catch a pair on the turn, bet 5c, catch trips on the river, bet 5 cents.

They are really starting to piss me off, especially when there is like a 1,20 pot preflop with 3 players in the hand and they just win it with 2 bets worth of 5c.

I mean, with a 5c bet your pot odds are just great and all, but that doeasnt mean u should look them up with A high... right?
  • 6 replies
    • Th0m4sBC
      Focus on playability rather than hand strength. (76s is worth more than Q4o in this situation)
      If he really bets anything, I do call him down with any hit. But on another note; you should make sure that you know what he calls your raises with. If you can 3bet him light then you can play very effective value poker.
    • RazDirk
      It really pisses me off too. So far just calling with 2 overs for min bets and fold river seems to be good EV in the long run. Calling it down with just middle pair is fine too. And all this is fine if you're HU and not on a multi way pot.
      As much as it pisses you off, folding is the right move in a multi way pot :<

And ofc. 4 Outs+ Keep calling I guess.
      That's is just about my theory and seem to work fine for now.
      Hope this helps :)
    • gadget51
      Originally posted by zumpar

they do this with bluffs, semi bluffs, monster hands and everything in between. They just bet the minimum every time.
      As you say yourself, not all these types of player are the same. It is important to categorize them; one you've done that, you can work out a strategy for each one.

Take notes, watch hands you aren't involved in but they are.
      Information rocks, so just getting frustrated and 'pissed off' won't give you the tools to combat them (the min bettors), which in turn means spewed chips more often than not for you.
      There's a lot more you can do, but I'm not expert enough to provide it.
      Just my opinion of course.

How about clicking the link at the bottom of my post for information about our no -limit beginners course? You will learn how to deal with not only these types, but all types of players, in any situation, :s_cool:

Best regards and have fun,

• ThatGuyMatt
      Hey zumpar,

I've across this at the Micros also, I'm usually just as lost as you about what they're doing :D

In my experince they usually have a very small pair, or just Ax. Occasionally they will alo bet Pot on the river, never called those bets though.

This could be their attempt of a "Block Bet" too, this is where you make a small bet in hope of seeing a showdown for cheap. For a detailed explantion we have a Gold Article - Block Bets

As you're Silver you cannot read it, but the you can still read a little at the start which gives you a rough idea :]
    • zumpar
      thanks to you all for answers, it was very helpful.... ill try and beat those guys now :D
    • purplefizz
      i love these guys! i raise their minraise a lot :

but like mal said, the best way to counteract is to make a lot of notes. for example:
      those guys who minraise everyhand but fold to reraise, i reraise every time.
      those guys who minraise everyhand but call, i value raise medium hands.
      those guys who minraise very few hands, i fold except if i get drawing hands (FD, SD) then i just call and punish when i hit.