HI from Lithuania

• DemonGODas
      DemonGODas
      Bronze
      Hello everyone. My name Andrius. Im here new and i need some advise. Few minutes ago i got my first 10 buks from quiz :) What programs i should have, what cash tables to play (fullring or short-handed)?
  • 9 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hello Andrius and welcome to our super community!

Congratualtions, you passed he quiz, well done!

Ok, so you are new to poker I assume?

There is a link at the bottom of my post, which will take you to the no -limit beginners course page. There, you will find out how to play no limit holdem with live coaching experts in real games, where you can watch and ask loads of questions!
      It's toally free and you can go and leave any time during the course - it's not school so nobody is forcing you! :D

Here is another link for you.

Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

Click it and answer the questions they ask and an expert will give you an idea of which site to play at, ok?

Any other questions, just ask, we are here to help!

Meanwhile, welcome again and have fun with PokerStrategy!

Mal.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Andrius,

the way i understood it, since you received your first $10 bucks already, you've already picked Poker770 as your room, right?

now to get started!
      first thing i would recommend to read is the articles on bankroll management.
      at this point, if you are just starting out, i would recommend to play at the lowest limits available. you don't really need any programs yet, but if you want to install the Elephant to make some graphs, you can also do so.

as for FR vs 6max, it really depends on your preference, why don't you try both? but FR has less variance and you play a lot less (but stronger) hands so it is probably safer to start with.

here's some links for the Elephant:

You can download it from [URL=http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/9/[/URL]Elephant download[/URL].

To the video: How to install the PokerStrategy.com Elephant

FAQ - Frequently asked questions about the PokerStrategy.com Elephant

Forum board - Elephant Support

just ask away if you get stuck!

smiles,
      wendy
    • DemonGODas
      DemonGODas
      Bronze
      thx im glad that im here. BTW, very nice site for learning :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      HO HO HO hello!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Big welcome DemonGODas :) have you managed to choose then?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey DemonGODas,

I see you haven't created a Locker Room Thread for the Beginners Course yet.

As Mal/Gadget51 suggested, the Beginners Course is perfect for you!
      The course will start you off the the basics if which hands you should be playing. One you get to grips with the game you will be able to move on and experiment with other hands. You'll also be able to attend the Live Coaching Session and watch them play in Realtime using the Strategys they're teaching you! If you get lost at any time you can ask the Coach Live in the coaching session and he will explain in the easiest form for you to understand.
      Its completely free and the perfect way to learn the game. A must do for anyone serious about poker!
    • DemonGODas
      DemonGODas
      Bronze
      how about rakeback buisness?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DemonGODas
      how about rakeback buisness?
      Have you managed to post here as you were advised before? Please just leave a post with the following:

1. Which game type you play? (No limit? Sit & Go? MTT? PLO, Fixed Limit, Other?)

2. Which limit do you play? (example: NL25, SNG $11, FL .50/1)

3. Short handed or full ring tables, or even Heads-Up?

4. How much do you play? (e.g. I play 3 hours a week, or I generate $1000 rake/month)

5. What is your current bankroll? (Optional) This is mainly for players in the micro limits. The reason for this is that the rake at the micros is much higher in relation to the other levels. So if you are over-rolled for your current limit we would suggest moving up a level (so long as you are still following good bank roll management) to take advantage of the lower rake.

6. What are your goals for the next 3+ months?

and we'll help you get the best deal you can.

Ingrid
    • DemonGODas
      DemonGODas
      Bronze
      Now im playing NL2 at fullring tables. I play about 2-3 hours a day. Most of the time im reading artickles for micro stakes. In play money i playing 3years, but now i want to start real thing :)