This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2NL - QQ 3-bet pot

• philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Not really sure of this one. It's a 3-bet pot, so I'm only scared of AK really. Just hoping it wasn't A or K of clubs!

Villain was 27/19 but kinda passive post-flop, so I still thought I was most likely good here. Still, it was a scary, scary board.... interested to see what the coaches think....

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($5.33)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($0.86)
      UTG+1 ($2.02)
      UTG+2 ($0.80)
      MP1 ($0.78)
      MP2 ($2.26)
      CO ($4.86)
      BTN ($2.82)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.06, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, MP2 calls $0.14

FLOP ($0.42) J:club: Q:diamond: T:club:

Hero bets $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30

TURN ($1.02) J:club: Q:diamond: T:club: 4:club:

Hero bets $0.73, MP2 calls $0.73

RIVER ($2.48) J:club: Q:diamond: T:club: 4:club: 7:club:

Hero bets $1.43, MP2 calls $1.03 (AI)

Hero shows Q:spade: Q:club: (Pre 57%, Flop 39.4%, Turn 43.2%)MP2 shows K:diamond: A:spade: (Pre 43%, Flop 60.6%, Turn 56.8%)Hero wins $4.38
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello philhellmutt,

Preflop: Totally fine to 3bet there, although I would most likely do a bit bigger, 4x.
      Postflop: Kind of close on the river cause K/A beats you there now. :( So I might even be towards Checking and taking a look at his actions. Cause do you think he is capable of paying here with worse?

Best Regards.
    • philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by verizCause do you think he is capable of paying here with worse?.
      I think this guy was definitely capable. Against a better player, I certainly would be careful, and if anything I tend to be a bit too nitty and fold on these dangerous boards... ;) ... If he has Ac or Kc, that's simply the top of his range.

Also, aren't we pretty much pot committed once we bet the turn? Against this player I decided on the flop to commit.... against a reg I play more carefully, maybe even checking the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, not really. I mean we still have some money left and especially if we rarely see him betting ever on river with a lot worse, just bluffs. But of course if you expect him to be able to pay with worse flushes then ship it! :D