[NL2-NL10] AA's and AK's on extremely tight table

• netrogrant
      netrogrant
      Bronze
      0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , A:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 5 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.05

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

got a run of good cards yesterday getting delt AA twice and AK twice and every time it got folded round as above.

If your table is known to be very very tight is it ever acceptable to limp AA or AK to maximise value?
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hi netrogrant,

I think that it is not acceptable. If you just limp for example you will be called bye at least 3 or 4 players or maybe even more and i am wandering how will you evaluate your hand strength then. Some bad players try to do this and hoping that they will be raised. 4 players call this limp and on flop AA hero is afraid of loosing AA and start to do aggressive moves but of course many times it is to late.

Also if someone limp behind you pot will be so small and you would not extract as much value as you want with your Aces. I think if you find table like that it is better to just leave it and find one with enough fishes and enough action.

I hope you are satisfied with reply and i wish you good luck at the tables
    • netrogrant
      netrogrant
      Bronze
      cool thanks for the feedback, on this post and the previous one!

Hope you have a productive day :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello netrogrant,

Raise it 4x preflop! Don't make it so small, you want to gain value mate. ;) Limping would be a huge leak if you would do it! Never do it and you wouldn't win by that more money.

Best Regards.
    • netrogrant
      netrogrant
      Bronze
      cool thanks for the advice, 4BB + 1BB per limper noted for future pre-flop monsters :) :) :)