[NL2-NL10] AJo UTG trying to catch maniac fish

• RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Hi there,

As i am only learning the ropes in cash game i would like one of my hands evaluated:

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Mario2683 (CO): $23.63
      teholdway (BTN): $9.95
      aaadventure (SB): $10.00
      oozywaters (BB): $20.55
      RobertDaPro (UTG): $26.02
      Helbad (UTG+1): $10.00
      KaosLi (MP): $13.67
      Lardedarde (MP+1): $13.57
      xxswipesxx (LP): $10.30

aaadventure posts SB $0.05, oozywaters posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) RobertDaPro has A:spade: J:club:

RobertDaPro calls $0.10, fold, KaosLi raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Mario2683 calls $0.30, fold, fold, oozywaters calls $0.20, RobertDaPro calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.25, 4 players) A:heart: 7:diamond: 5:spade:
      oozywaters checks, RobertDaPro bets $1.00, KaosLi calls $1.00, fold, fold

Turn: ($3.25, 2 players) 3:club:
      RobertDaPro bets $2.32, KaosLi calls $2.32

River: ($7.89, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      RobertDaPro bets $3.76, KaosLi raises to $10.05 and is all-in, fold

KaosLi wins $14.72

I know that limping AJo from UTG is terrible play, but there is guy called "oozywaters" in BB and he was maniac fish who raised 35%+ pre with any kind of hands x 10BB and i wanted to see if i get him in the pot. and AJo against him would be way ahead.

To my surprise he did not try some fancy bluff moves there and i found my self in battle with another guy instead. I wonder if my play exept limp was ok? should be good fold also? or could he been bluff raising river there? not many hands i can beat.

Check / Call on river if he bets small to look him up?

General opinions welcomed
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RobertDaPro,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Yeah, limping is pretty bad here. :( The problem is even if you have a maniac on the table playing AJo in multiway pot is really terrible, you will rarely be very good there. I would just fold it from UTG.

As played
      Postflop: Flop & turn are fine. But the problem becomes on the river where I might even skip my value-bet cause there ain't going to be a lot worse Ax hands which are capable calling, of course they will but more often being in a multiway pot we could be already against a very strong hand right on the flop. Therefore I would plan to Check/Fold the river unless he bets really small, too many 2pair type of hands already beat you.

Best Regards.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Thank you.

voin sind t2nada ka emakeeles :) Sul skype voi msn ka olemas? Ma uuriks ja kysiks personaalse treenigu kohta m6ningaid asju ehk
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by RobertDaPro
      Thank you.

voin sind t2nada ka emakeeles :) Sul skype voi msn ka olemas? Ma uuriks ja kysiks personaalse treenigu kohta m6ningaid asju ehk
      Yeah, ma lisan sind communities ja saadan sealt. Viimati mu ühes threadis Ingrid keelas ära Skype postitamise. :D