[NL2-NL10] Knee deep in trip country?

• netrogrant
      netrogrant
      Bronze
      0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , 4:spade:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.06) 7:club: , 4:heart: , 3:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.06, 2 folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.06

-- Just checking I was correct to fold here, with MP3 limping and the flop being fairly low cards i thought i may be deep in trip country.
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hi netrogrant,

yeah your investment here was just BB and of course it is not worth here to turn your hand in bluff. If you call you won't like any card on turn and you will have to fold it vs bet. So i am folding this hand to.

Good luck at the tables.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello netrogrant,

Bet yourself on the flop, you have a mid-pair so it's very likely that you could even be ahead here. If you Check in those spots then it means you are giving it up.

Best Regards.
    • netrogrant
      netrogrant
      Bronze
      ahhh so i should maybe through out a pot size bet in this position then just fold to any raises or check/fold the turn? :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by netrogrant
      ahhh so i should maybe through out a pot size bet in this position then just fold to any raises or check/fold the turn? :)
      Most likely I would have Bet the flop and then reevaluate it on the turn. It's very likely that you can be holding the best hand.