[NL2-NL10] blind steal turns straight draw

• netrogrant
      netrogrant
      Bronze
      0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:heart: , 4:heart:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) 7:heart: , 6:spade: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.06, SB calls $0.06.

Turn: ($0.30) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.04, SB calls $0.04.

River: ($0.38) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.3, SB calls $0.30.

Final Pot: $0.98

Ok so i originally raised from the button as a blind steal so first of all:
      - do you think I'm stealing too loose? esp with the blinds in relation to my stack?
      Secondly hit a middle pair on the flop but with the open ended draw and the backdoor flushdraw.
      - ok bet slightly smaller here just to get better pot odds tho I realise there still not right to be able to call with a OESD

Question:
      My turn raise? I was stuck between trying to play the pot odds for my draw and standard cbetting, I got confused so bet too large for the odds and too small for a cbet :P what do you do in a situation like this on the flop?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello netrogrant,

do you think I'm stealing too loose? esp with the blinds in relation to my stack?

Depends a lot on the blinds and their stacks here. Would be nice if you pressed Stacks/Stats buttons on your Elephant and then I will be able to see stats and stacks. :P

My turn raise? I was stuck between trying to play the pot odds for my draw and standard cbetting, I got confused so bet too large for the odds and too small for a cbet what do you do in a situation like this on the flop?

Well, what we should first talk here is why do you CB and Bet the turn so small? You should Bet it bigger and protect your hand! Not a huge fan of such bet sizes on flop and turn. Also it ain't a raise on flop/turn anymore but just Bet.

Best Regards.
    • netrogrant
      netrogrant
      Bronze
      ah thanks for the help, in future posts i'll be sure to post stacks and stats, my stack was over 100BB, can't remember what the SB and BB stacks were.

so in future in this situation with second pair and OESD you think i should maybe bet about 2/3 pot?

Thanks in advance!!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      so in future in this situation with second pair and OESD you think i should maybe bet about 2/3 pot?

You should keep the Bet sizes kind of the same amount. :) Not like oh I have a weak hand lets bet it weak -> which is easily exploitable.