Skydiving

• ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Anyone ever been?

I've got this sudden urge to go do it :D

Costs like.. £250, + an extra £100 for Photos :baby:

I've also looked into the "Static Line Parachute" Where you jump, and the parachute deploys itself when the line brakes, so you get to jump alone! whereas Skydiving I'll have some guy stuck to me like a huge swatted fly.

Anyone been? What price did you pay? Which did you do? Tell!
  • 11 replies
    • Nosssweat
      Nosssweat
      Bronze
      Ive been looking into it also and as soon as my babys born im gonna get it sorted.

Ill be going down the charity route where you have to raise so much before you can jump.

Try this website http://www.skylineparachuting.co.uk/home.aspx
    • pswyatt
      pswyatt
      Bronze
      I have been looking at it here in Spain and it's about the same price (€250)

£100 for the photos seems a bit expensive though....do you get a video of it too?
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Anyone ever been?

I've got this sudden urge to go do it :D

Costs like.. £250, + an extra £100 for Photos :baby:

I've also looked into the "Static Line Parachute" Where you jump, and the parachute deploys itself when the line brakes, so you get to jump alone! whereas Skydiving I'll have some guy stuck to me like a huge swatted fly.

Anyone been? What price did you pay? Which did you do? Tell!
      Sky divings for wimps, I prefer Muff Diving. ;)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pswyatt
      I have been looking at it here in Spain and it's about the same price (€250)

£100 for the photos seems a bit expensive though....do you get a video of it too?
      Its £100 for Pics, £150 for Video :(

@Gary - I wasn't sure where I was going to end up clicking that link lol :P
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      We looked into it in Australia but never go round to it in the end due to to much partying. So maybe get round to it if I go back.

I do have a mate who did it back in England and he was buzzing for weeks afterwards, he just seemed hyper all the time. I think its just one of those things you have to do once in life
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      I'll be doing it at some point, a dvd of the jump is a must have for me so seems like it will cost £300 - £400. Think ill wait for the time being till I get my roll back from ftp
      (fingers crossed) and even then I might wait.

And If you do the maths the free-fall lasts for one minute and the parachute ride lasts say 5-7 mins (7ish mins total) so the total cost is just over £35 per minute, if we assume it costs £250 for the jump, so not exactly cheap X(

When I do go though I will almost certainly try and raise funds for a worthy cause, making sure donators will not be paying towards my costs :D
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Hi Breena, where about in Oz were you holidaying?

@Salflip, I've just bought a new set-up now riding; Anti-Hero, are you still skating?
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarkQuick

@Salflip, I've just bought a new set-up now riding; Anti-Hero, are you still skating?
      Awesome! been a while since I skated tbh, will be hitting the local bowl when the weather improves over here in England, and I'm looking in to going surfing somewhere with warmer waters later on in the year. Should be fun :f_biggrin:
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by salflip
      Originally posted by MarkQuick

Awesome! been a while since I skated tbh, will be hitting the local bowl when the weather improves over here in England, and I'm looking in to going surfing somewhere with warmer waters later on in the year. Should be fun :f_biggrin:

Good man, you should check out Morocco for surf, 'secret' spots and cheap as chips!!
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Hey Mark, mainly Queensland kind of travelled up the east coast allthough I flew from Melbourne to Brisbane as was to cold down there in May and made my way up to Cairns from there.

They do the skydive all up the coast there as you jump over the barrier reef and usually land on the beach if not to windy.
    • Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      On my bucket list right up there with hang-gliding, what're the rates like for that? in the big ol Ca-nada I'm looking at 150 for a tandem hang-glide total airtime between 10-15 minutes. Have you given that a shot first? I hear that being in the air with wings is a good first step.

I'm jealous that you're getting to consider this, I'd jump out of a plane without a parachute if I find out I have anymore mid-terms left :f_biggrin:

G.