Another type of tilt...

• aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I’m having this problem, and it’s just weird and it’s limiting my profit, let’s say I’m a winning player, after winning like 6-7 buy in, I feel stuck, I become too happy, I start to think I can’t win more, and greed is bad and I should just stop for the day, but I do want to play, but I can’t control these feelings…it’s like when someone lose 6-7 buy in, it’s hard to play their A game, but for me, it’s the opposite, if I win too much in 1 day, its really hard to play my A game, even that I know, I wasn’t running hot, and all odds and probability are still same…what I’m suppose to do to shake this off ?
  • 12 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Your sessions should be based on time or amount of hands, not results.

How about : "I will play 1.5 hours A-game, if I cannot keep it up, I will stop at 1 hour mark".
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      Maybe it would help if you end that session and make a hour or two break.
      When you come back and start the tables again it should feel like starting from zero.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi aceontheriver,

I was wondering hoe to reply to your question, but couldn't come up with anything solid.

Howver, you may be interested in this link to Jared Tendler's Q&A thread;

+++Q&A with Jared Tendler!!+++

I'm sure he would be happy to answer any mindset questions you may have. :)

Have fun now,

Mal.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      [x] thin brag ITT

I know what you mean though, having a crushing session and you want to just lock up a win, even though you are playing really well you just want to end the session.

The way I overcame this was by not looking at my balance until the end of the session.

Can lead to some pretty big shocks in either direction though!!!
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by CallumN

The way I overcame this was by not looking at my balance until the end of the session.

rofl

[ ] true
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi aceontheriver,

I was wondering hoe to reply to your question, but couldn't come up with anything solid.

Howver, you may be interested in this link to Jared Tendler's Q&A thread;

+++Q&A with Jared Tendler!!+++

I'm sure he would be happy to answer any mindset questions you may have. :)

Have fun now,

Mal.
      thank u so much, will post there now :s_love:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi ace,

thought you might like that! :) Only too glad to help, it's what we're all here for...which is why this community rocks!

Happy no tilt poker to you! :s_cool:

Mal.
    • skaloon
      skaloon
      Bronze
      LOL. i actually have the same exact problem. for example, if i get lucky and crack AA with my KK (all-in pre-flop) i feel like i didn't deserve the win and loose confidence in my game because i feel like i used my luck for today. i like winning by making people fold - that feels like earned money.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aceonetheriver
      Hey guys,

I’m having this problem, and it’s just weird and it’s limiting my profit, let’s say I’m a winning player, after winning like 6-7 buy in, I feel stuck, I become too happy, I start to think I can’t win more, and greed is bad and I should just stop for the day, but I do want to play, but I can’t control these feelings…it’s like when someone lose 6-7 buy in, it’s hard to play their A game, but for me, it’s the opposite, if I win too much in 1 day, its really hard to play my A game, even that I know, I wasn’t running hot, and all odds and probability are still same…what I’m suppose to do to shake this off ?
      That's quite common and just another type of tilt. It's OK to take a break for an hour or two.
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      so many noobs in this thread
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      You can't win more if you don't invest (risk) more.

+1 to what ragney said.
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heave112
      so many noobs in this thread
      bro u a high roller..ur used to making cash...but try wining 15 buy in-- in row..see if u focus on the 16