This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Another type of tilt...

    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Gold
      Joined: 26.12.2008 Posts: 653
      Hey guys,

      I’m having this problem, and it’s just weird and it’s limiting my profit, let’s say I’m a winning player, after winning like 6-7 buy in, I feel stuck, I become too happy, I start to think I can’t win more, and greed is bad and I should just stop for the day, but I do want to play, but I can’t control these feelings…it’s like when someone lose 6-7 buy in, it’s hard to play their A game, but for me, it’s the opposite, if I win too much in 1 day, its really hard to play my A game, even that I know, I wasn’t running hot, and all odds and probability are still same…what I’m suppose to do to shake this off ?
  • 12 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.08.2010 Posts: 2,417
      Your sessions should be based on time or amount of hands, not results.

      How about : "I will play 1.5 hours A-game, if I cannot keep it up, I will stop at 1 hour mark".
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.02.2008 Posts: 438
      Maybe it would help if you end that session and make a hour or two break.
      When you come back and start the tables again it should feel like starting from zero.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.06.2008 Posts: 5,622
      Hi aceontheriver,

      I was wondering hoe to reply to your question, but couldn't come up with anything solid.

      Howver, you may be interested in this link to Jared Tendler's Q&A thread;

      +++Q&A with Jared Tendler!!+++

      I'm sure he would be happy to answer any mindset questions you may have. :)

      Have fun now,

      Mal.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.01.2012 Posts: 1,141
      [x] thin brag ITT

      I know what you mean though, having a crushing session and you want to just lock up a win, even though you are playing really well you just want to end the session.

      The way I overcame this was by not looking at my balance until the end of the session.

      Can lead to some pretty big shocks in either direction though!!!
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 19.11.2010 Posts: 5,596
      Originally posted by CallumN


      The way I overcame this was by not looking at my balance until the end of the session.

      rofl

      [ ] true
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Gold
      Joined: 26.12.2008 Posts: 653
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi aceontheriver,

      I was wondering hoe to reply to your question, but couldn't come up with anything solid.

      Howver, you may be interested in this link to Jared Tendler's Q&A thread;

      +++Q&A with Jared Tendler!!+++

      I'm sure he would be happy to answer any mindset questions you may have. :)

      Have fun now,

      Mal.
      thank u so much, will post there now :s_love:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.06.2008 Posts: 5,622
      Hi ace,

      thought you might like that! :) Only too glad to help, it's what we're all here for...which is why this community rocks!

      Happy no tilt poker to you! :s_cool:

      Mal.
    • skaloon
      skaloon
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.09.2008 Posts: 43
      LOL. i actually have the same exact problem. for example, if i get lucky and crack AA with my KK (all-in pre-flop) i feel like i didn't deserve the win and loose confidence in my game because i feel like i used my luck for today. i like winning by making people fold - that feels like earned money.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.05.2011 Posts: 834
      Originally posted by aceonetheriver
      Hey guys,

      I’m having this problem, and it’s just weird and it’s limiting my profit, let’s say I’m a winning player, after winning like 6-7 buy in, I feel stuck, I become too happy, I start to think I can’t win more, and greed is bad and I should just stop for the day, but I do want to play, but I can’t control these feelings…it’s like when someone lose 6-7 buy in, it’s hard to play their A game, but for me, it’s the opposite, if I win too much in 1 day, its really hard to play my A game, even that I know, I wasn’t running hot, and all odds and probability are still same…what I’m suppose to do to shake this off ?
      That's quite common and just another type of tilt. It's OK to take a break for an hour or two.
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.03.2009 Posts: 471
      so many noobs in this thread
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.07.2010 Posts: 1,278
      You can't win more if you don't invest (risk) more.

      +1 to what ragney said.
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Gold
      Joined: 26.12.2008 Posts: 653
      Originally posted by Heave112
      so many noobs in this thread
      bro u a high roller..ur used to making cash...but try wining 15 buy in-- in row..see if u focus on the 16