Another boring microstakes blogs

    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 209
      Hello and welcome to my blog.

      I am 18 years old, from Greece and i have been playing poker for about 2 years, but now i want to take it more seriously. So, i want to complete the following challenge.

      [X] :spade:P lay at least 30k hands on NL2 SH. If i see that i can beat this level i will move to NL5 SH. If i can't beat this level, i'll review my game and i'll continue playing until i beat it.
      NL2 hands played: 30.026 Net Won: 89,52 Winrate: 14,91 bbs/100

      Graph

      [X] :spade:P lay at least 30k hands on NL5 SH. If i see that i can beat this level i will move to NL10 SH. If i can't beat this level, i'll review my game and i'll continue playing until i beat it or move down depending on the buy ins i have.
      NL5 hands played: 86.040 Net Won: 334,70 Winrate: 7,78 bbs/100

      Graph


      [X] :spade:P lay at least 30k hands on NL10 SH. If i see that i can beat this level i will move to NL25 SH. If i can't beat this level, i'll review my game and i'll continue playing until i beat it or move down depending on the buy ins i have.
      NL10 hands played: 30.013 Net Won: 358,33 Winrate: 11,94 bbs/100

      Graph


      [ ] :spade:P lay at least 30k hands on NL25 SH and beat this level.
      NL25 hands played: 0 Net Won: 0 Winrate: 0 bbs/100

      So, basically the blog is about moving through micro stakes on Pokerstars platform. If i manage to complete this "challenge" i'll make a new one about low stakes. As you can see it is nothing unusual, but i hope that you will follow my blog. :P I'll try to be active and post hand/graphs. I hope that this blog will give me motivation to play more.

      *I know that 30k hands is not enough to justify that i can beat a level, but i'll get an idea.
      ** I will not move up if i don't have at least 30 buy ins for the next level.
      *** Sorry for my English. :D
  • 85 replies
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 209
      Here is the graph of the first 5k hands on NL2.

    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.08.2009 Posts: 366
      Your English is great - don't apologize! So ... you're hoping to win ~0.5 BI/1000 hands at each level?

      Good luck with your challenge!
    • mdkats
      mdkats
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.05.2011 Posts: 22
      its nice to see another greek with a similar challenge :)
      i am currently grinding nl2 and hopefully i ll move to nl4 soon
      how many tables/hour are you playing at your sessions?
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 209
      Originally posted by verneer
      Your English is great - don't apologize! So ... you're hoping to win ~0.5 BI/1000 hands at each level?

      Good luck with your challenge!
      Actually, i started with 150$. I could play NL5 right from the start, but i want to see my winrate on NL2 and compare it with the other levels.

      I am planing to watch your serie, Climbing Mt. Micro, but i want to ask you first if the stuff i am going to see is applicable to today's games.

      Originally posted by mdkats
      its nice to see another greek with a similar challenge :)
      i am currently grinding nl2 and hopefully i ll move to nl4 soon
      how many tables/hour are you playing at your sessions?
      I have 2 monitors (19 & 23 inches) and i play 10 tables (tiled) for 1-2 hours. If i feel tired i play less, if i am feeling okay i play more. So it depends. I will play less on NL5+.

      Good luck to your challenge.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.03.2011 Posts: 12,162
      Hey Solidius, big welcome to our blogs section! :) Definitely subscribing!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.03.2011 Posts: 12,162
      Play 30k hands on NL5. If i see that i can beat this level i will move to NL10. If i can't beat this level, i'll review my game and i'll continue to play until i beat it or move down depending on the buy ins i have.


      Also, how do you mean beat the level? When do you think you've reached your objective? And how will you know if it is just a break-even stretch or actually playing good?
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.08.2007 Posts: 383
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Play 30k hands on NL5. If i see that i can beat this level i will move to NL10. If i can't beat this level, i'll review my game and i'll continue to play until i beat it or move down depending on the buy ins i have.


      Also, how do you mean beat the level? When do you think you've reached your objective? And how will you know if it is just a break-even stretch or actually playing good?
      if he has 30 buy-ins for next level than he beats that level.
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 209
      I actually know that 30k hands are not enough to justify that i beat a certain level, but i'll get an idea. I am confident that i can beat NL2-NL10, as i played these levels before, but i had to withdraw the money i made. If i don't have the proper bankroll for the next level, i'll continue playing until i reach the right amount of buy ins for the next level.
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 209

      Great performance from my favourite team, Olympiakos, today. We won the first match 0-1 at the cold Russia (-15 C).

      I am going to play some hands tonight (although it is champion's league night) and i'll maybe post some interesting hands.
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.03.2011 Posts: 804
      Kali tixi reeeeeeeee!!!!!!!Keep us updated!
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 209
      Had a bad afternoon session... I played about 650 hands, lost 2 buy ins and stopped playing.

      Two hands that i lost versus two different maniacs.

      First one:

      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

      Hero (UTG): $2.05
      MP: $5.19
      CO: $1.17
      BTN: $2.75
      SB: $0.80
      BB: $1.38

      Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with K :heart: Q :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.06, 2 folds

      Flop: ($0.15) 8 :heart: J :heart: T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

      Turn: ($0.31) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.74, BTN calls $0.56

      River: ($1.79) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.17 all in, BTN calls $1.17

      Final Pot: $4.13
      Hero shows K :heart: Q :heart: (a flush, King high)
      BTN shows 2 :heart: A :heart: (a flush, Ace high)
      BTN wins $3.99
      (Rake: $0.14)



      Second one:

      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

      MP: $0.92
      CO: $1.28
      BTN: $1.65
      SB: $2.17
      Hero (BB): $2.34
      UTG: $1.02

      Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with 4 :club: T :diamond:
      UTG calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, 1 fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

      Flop: ($0.10) 4 :spade: 2 :heart: T :heart: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO folds, SB calls $0.10

      Turn: ($0.50) 3 :diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG raises to $0.90 all in, MP folds, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50

      River: ($2.30) J :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

      Final Pot: $2.30
      Hero shows 4 :club: T :diamond: (two pair, Tens and Fours)
      UTG shows A :spade: 5 :spade: (a straight, Ace to Five)
      UTG wins $2.22
      (Rake: $0.08)



      And a third hand VS a loose passive opponent. He was playing 93/33/0,5 (VPIP,PFR,AF) over 39 hands. Do think that the river shove is bad/good ?

      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

      BTN: $2.57
      SB: $2.47
      BB: $1.75
      UTG: $3.94
      MP: $8.01
      Hero (CO): $2.00

      Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with K :heart: J :club:
      SB says "lol", 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BB calls $0.04

      Flop: ($0.13) 5 :heart: K :diamond: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.09, BB calls $0.09

      Turn: ($0.31) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30

      River: ($0.91) Q :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.55 all in, BB calls $1.30 all in

      Final Pot: $3.51



      I'll play more hands tonight after training.

      PS. Next graph when i reach 12,5k hands.
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 209
      Had one good session yesterday (+3,5 buy ins) and a good one tonight (1,5 buy in). Played about 1k hands yesterday and 600 tonight. I was fairly happy with how i played. Anyway, i am going to sleep tonight, because i am very tired.

      Some funny hands.

      1st
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

      Hero (MP) ($8.63)
      Button ($2.02)
      SB ($6.33)
      BB ($5.88)
      UTG ($3.49)

      Preflop: Hero is MP with K, A
      UTG bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.16

      Flop: ($0.51) J, 4, 6 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.26, UTG calls $0.26

      Turn: ($1.03) 10 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

      River: ($1.03) 9 (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.40, Hero raises to $8.13 (All-In), UTG calls $2.59 (All-In)

      Total pot: $7.01 | Rake: $0.25

      Results:
      UTG had 5, 7 (flush, Jack high).
      Hero had K, A (flush, Ace high).
      Outcome: Hero won $6.76


      2nd

      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

      Button ($3)
      Hero (SB) ($4.07)
      BB ($1.75)
      UTG ($1.43)
      MP ($2.16)

      Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9
      1 fold, MP bets $0.08, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06

      Flop: ($0.24) 3, 8, 2 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, 1 fold, MP calls $0.16

      Turn: ($0.56) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.37, MP calls $0.37

      River: ($1.30) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.46 (All-In), MP calls $1.55 (All-In)

      Total pot: $4.40 | Rake: $0.15

      Results:
      Hero had 9, 9 (three of a kind, nines).
      MP had A, A (one pair, Aces).
      Outcome: Hero won $4.25


      3rd

      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

      MP ($3.78)
      Button ($1.18)
      SB ($2)
      BB ($2)
      Hero (UTG) ($2)

      Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5, 5
      Hero bets $0.06, MP calls $0.06, 2 folds, BB calls $0.04

      Flop: ($0.19) 4, 5, 8 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, MP raises to $0.24, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.94 (All-In), MP calls $1.70

      Turn: ($4.07) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

      River: ($4.07) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

      Total pot: $4.07 | Rake: $0.14

      Results:
      Hero had 5, 5 (three of a kind, fives).
      MP had 8, 3 (one pair, eights).
      Outcome: Hero won $3.93


    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 209
      Just finished my tonight's session. I played about 1,5k hands and won 2,5 buy ins (although i ran 2,5 buy ins below EV). Propably i will post the graph of my progress tomorrow. I wonder if anyone is still following this blog. :D

      Played the 1+10R [60k guaranteed] and disqualified with the following hand.

      Poker Stars $1.00+$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t300/t600 Blinds + t60 - 8 players - View hand 1643925
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

      SB: t5750 M = 4.17
      Hero (BB): t11914 M = 8.63
      UTG: t46598 M = 33.77
      UTG+1: t11650 M = 8.44
      MP1: t53971 M = 39.11
      MP2: t10320 M = 7.48
      CO: t6150 M = 4.46
      BTN: t15805 M = 11.45

      Pre Flop: (t1380) Hero is BB with A :club: K :diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to t1800, 4 folds, Hero raises to t11854 all in, MP1 calls t10054

      Flop: (t24488) 3 :diamond: 6 :diamond: Q :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

      Turn: (t24488) 4 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

      River: (t24488) Q :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

      Final Pot: t24488
      Hero shows A :club: K :diamond: (a pair of Queens)
      MP1 shows A :heart: Q :diamond: (three of a kind, Queens)
      MP1 wins t24488


      I always run pretty bad at this tourney.
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 209
      So here is the graph.




      and stats



      And a thread-resurrector which might attract some views . :s_biggrin:




      PS. I Changed the first page a little bit.
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 209
      Had a good session (although i ran 1 buy in below EV) tonight. Played more than 1k hands.

      Some highlights:

      1.
      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1650393
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

      SB: $1.89
      BB: $2.06
      Hero (UTG): $2.05
      CO: $1.60
      BTN: $2.33

      CO posts a big blind ($0.02)

      Pre Flop: ($0.05) Hero is UTG with T :heart: J :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.06, 3 folds

      Flop: ($0.19) 9 :spade: J :heart: 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, CO calls $0.12

      Turn: ($0.43) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, CO calls $0.28

      River: ($0.99) J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.57 all in, CO calls $1.12 all in

      Final Pot: $3.23
      Hero shows T :heart: J :spade: (four of a kind, Jacks)
      CO shows T :spade: T :diamond: (a full house, Jacks full of Tens)
      Hero wins $3.12
      (Rake: $0.11)



      2.
      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1650396
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

      MP: $1.38
      CO: $2.00
      BTN: $2.10
      SB: $2.81
      Hero (BB): $2.03
      UTG: $5.24

      Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with T :heart: Q :heart:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP calls $0.06

      Flop: ($0.17) Q :club: T :club: Q :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, MP calls $0.12

      Turn: ($0.41) 6 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, MP calls $0.36

      River: ($1.13) 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.47 all in, MP calls $0.82 all in

      Final Pot: $2.77
      MP shows T :diamond: 7 :heart: (two pair, Queens and Tens)
      Hero shows T :heart: Q :heart: (a full house, Queens full of Tens)
      Hero wins $2.67
      (Rake: $0.10)



      3.
      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - View hand 1650397
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

      BB: $0.78
      Hero (BTN): $2.35
      SB: $1.03

      Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with A :diamond: A :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.06, 1 fold, BB calls $0.04

      Flop: ($0.13) 6 :club: 4 :spade: K :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.09, BB raises to $0.18, Hero raises to $2.29 all in, BB calls $0.54 all in

      Turn: ($1.57) 9 :club: (2 players - 2 are all in)

      River: ($1.57) 9 :heart: (2 players - 2 are all in)

      Final Pot: $1.57
      BB shows K :club: 9 :spade: (a full house, Nines full of Kings)
      Hero shows A :diamond: A :heart: (two pair, Aces and Nines)
      BB wins $1.52
      (Rake: $0.05)



      PS. I'll continue posting to track my progress, although it seems that noone is following the blog. :f_confused:
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.01.2010 Posts: 977
      Originally posted by Solidius
      Had a bad afternoon session... I played about 650 hands, lost 2 buy ins and stopped playing.

      Two hands that i lost versus two different maniacs.

      First one:

      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

      Hero (UTG): $2.05
      MP: $5.19
      CO: $1.17
      BTN: $2.75
      SB: $0.80
      BB: $1.38

      Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with K :heart: Q :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.06, 2 folds

      Flop: ($0.15) 8 :heart: J :heart: T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

      Turn: ($0.31) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.74, BTN calls $0.56

      River: ($1.79) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.17 all in, BTN calls $1.17

      Final Pot: $4.13
      Hero shows K :heart: Q :heart: (a flush, King high)
      BTN shows 2 :heart: A :heart: (a flush, Ace high)
      BTN wins $3.99
      (Rake: $0.14)



      Second one:

      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

      MP: $0.92
      CO: $1.28
      BTN: $1.65
      SB: $2.17
      Hero (BB): $2.34
      UTG: $1.02

      Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with 4 :club: T :diamond:
      UTG calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, 1 fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

      Flop: ($0.10) 4 :spade: 2 :heart: T :heart: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO folds, SB calls $0.10

      Turn: ($0.50) 3 :diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG raises to $0.90 all in, MP folds, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50

      River: ($2.30) J :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

      Final Pot: $2.30
      Hero shows 4 :club: T :diamond: (two pair, Tens and Fours)
      UTG shows A :spade: 5 :spade: (a straight, Ace to Five)
      UTG wins $2.22
      (Rake: $0.08)



      And a third hand VS a loose passive opponent. He was playing 93/33/0,5 (VPIP,PFR,AF) over 39 hands. Do think that the river shove is bad/good ?

      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

      BTN: $2.57
      SB: $2.47
      BB: $1.75
      UTG: $3.94
      MP: $8.01
      Hero (CO): $2.00

      Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with K :heart: J :club:
      SB says "lol", 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BB calls $0.04

      Flop: ($0.13) 5 :heart: K :diamond: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.09, BB calls $0.09

      Turn: ($0.31) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30

      River: ($0.91) Q :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.55 all in, BB calls $1.30 all in

      Final Pot: $3.51



      I'll play more hands tonight after training.

      PS. Next graph when i reach 12,5k hands.
      First two hands, well yeah that sucks. Third hand, I would have liked to better go for like a 60c value bet, because really what calls you there after he checked, but if you saw that he will call anything just to see the showdown then the shove was good, otherwise I like going for 2/3pot value bet from Qx Kx type of hands.
      Also why do you bet 3bb? On NL2 that is too small go for at least 4bb, with better hands like AA KK you can even bump it up to 5-6bb because fishes on that level will call 8c or 12c for them there is no difference. With 3bb you are just inviting callers in the pot.

      Your stats look good, mine are pretty close and I'm beating NL2 with 17bb/100 also SH

      Don't look at EV line on NL2 were you will get the most ridiculous beats, just focus on your green line, also don't look at non showdown winnings, mine looks similar, it just goes down slowly but that's because people rarely fold on NL2.

      I'm also playing NL2, but moved to NL5 for the second time and hoping I will stay there. Don't worry I'm reading your blog :f_thumbsup:

      I might actually steal your idea from the first post, it looks like a good challenge.
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 209
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      I might actually steal your idea from the first post, it looks like a good challenge.


      It's fine by me. I have some experience from micro stakes. I reached NL10, but i had to withdraw most of the money i made. That challenge gives me the motivation i need to move up to NL10 + once again. :s_biggrin:
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.12.2010 Posts: 3,758
      Looks like your making some nice progress Solidius!

      Do I remember seeing your name in the BSS Course?

      Could we see the EV line on your graph too?

      Whats your bankroll sitting at now?
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 209
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Looks like your making some nice progress Solidius!

      Do I remember seeing your name in the BSS Course?

      Could we see the EV line on your graph too?

      Whats your bankroll sitting at now?
      Well, first of all, i haven't signed for the BSS Course, but i am thinking about it. I am not sure if i can devote the time needed for the homeworks etc.

      Here is the graph with the ev line:


      My Bankroll now is about 185$, i could play NL5, but i want to complete my challenge.