Security Check

• daenyboi
      daenyboi
      Bronze
      ∙ Bank statement (card number, name and address visible)

Just got email they need this from me..

Wtf is up with that??

I dont know any bank in Sweden who ever send a letter with all this information. NEVER EVER...
      And i certainly hope Paddy understands this as they got me tilting in the first game i registered and lost AJ vs QJ flop 8JT, turn 9 river K.:)
  • 10 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hi there,

It's becoming more and more common that poker rooms ask for random ID checks, to prove you are who you say you are and that you are of a legal age to be playing on the poker site.

It usually doesn't take long to clear the situation up so the sooner you provide ID the sooner you can carry on playing.

Hope this helps,
      Carl
    • daenyboi
      daenyboi
      Bronze
      They accepted everything but my passport identity.. "because it has expired they said"

Matter of fact my Passport expires Feb 2012. meaning 29th feb 2012, its 13th feb now?

Why even point that out? Party Poker accepted it without any doubts..
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi daenyboi,

As Carl pointed out this is completely standard now across all Poker Rooms.

As for them not accepting your passport because of it's expiry date, this is something that you will have to take up with their support.

PaddyPower have an excellent Live support team, always available to take your requests.

It's best to be polite in these situations as it normally speeds things along. I am sure you have done this already :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • daenyboi
      daenyboi
      Bronze
      Yes, i explained i dont renew id cardsand passports and most certainly will not pay to do so just to get my money unlocked.

Kinda disturbing they have tilted me made me lose alot on Party Poker.
      If its not fixed today i will never paly at that site again, at live chat they told me 2 hours.

Mailing me back after an hour and lie to me saying expiry date is reached which is not the case.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Fingers crossed you can get this sorted :)
    • daenyboi
      daenyboi
      Bronze
      Am talking to Live support now telling them this exact words. Which is so brilliant i laughed for 1 minute.

Connected with XXXXXX
      System
      Welcome to Live Help, my name is XXXX. How can I help you today?
      Customer
      Hello again XXXX, deposited a while back, needed to send documents, then they email me back and say my passport expires, which it havent bcs it expires Feb 2012. meaning 29th Feb in Sweden, dunno how it is in ur country...
    • daenyboi
      daenyboi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by daenyboi
      Am talking to Live support now telling them this exact words. Which is so brilliant i laughed for 1 minute.

Connected with XXXXXX
      System
      Welcome to Live Help, my name is XXXX. How can I help you today?
      Customer
      Hello again XXXX, deposited a while back, needed to send documents, then they email me back and say my passport expires, which it havent bcs it expires Feb 2012. meaning 29th Feb in Sweden, dunno how it is in ur country...
      '

Now they are tilting me even more:

Incident ID: XXXXXXX

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for contacting XXXXXXX Customer Security.

I am afraid that the copy you have sent us states that the passport expired on 9th February. Therefore, we cannot accept it.

--

Is it not fixed by tomorrow as i provided them everything else and also copy of a passport which just expired days ago shouldnt matter at all.

If its not fixed until tomorrow i take my money and found another pokersite.

Ciao
    • PaddyPowerMarcus
      PaddyPowerMarcus
      Bronze
      Hi daenyboi,

I'm a bit confused, is the passport now expired or not? :f_confused:

Originally posted by daenyboi
      Is it not fixed by tomorrow as i provided them everything else and also copy of a passport which just expired days ago shouldnt matter at all.
      You have to understand that we generally can't accept any expired documents, be it one day or one year. I'm quite sure that you also find any other operator that would do that.

The same for the other documents we ask for, we have to stick to one procedure, otherwise there's no consistency and we're setting precedents that can be exploited.

Like Gary said, the paddypower live support is known for being very fast, and very helpful, it's just important to understand that they have to follow certain guidelines.

If you still feel that you haven't received the aid you expected, send myself or the PokerStrategy mods (whatever you feel comfortable with) your username / nickname via PM, and we'll have another look into it with customer service. I however can't promise you that this will change anything.

Cheers,
      Marcus
    • daenyboi
      daenyboi
      Bronze
      Now its fixed, i asked them to use provided information as i sent some other proofs of my verification to them, they finally accepted, and in general of course i understand they shouldnt accept expired documents.

But what i would have need to done to get new passport/id is that i would have to take a day off from work just to get it. as i work 8-17 every day.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey daenyboi, very glad you got it all sorted out!

Go have fun now!

And a thank you to Marcus for his patience in helping out.

Regards,

Mal.