[NL2-NL10] NL 4 FR AQo Squeeze/Cbet

• Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      Preflop: Is this a good raise? I don't know what to do with MSS in these squeeze situations. In retrospect 64 cents should be the smallest that I bet if I follow the rules, but that means my flop C-bet would be even smaller. What is the best thing to do?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $3.44
      CO:
      $3.49
      Hero:
      $1.31

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , Q:spade:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.16, Hero raises to $0.52, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.36, CO calls $0.36.

Post flop

I am against two villains, and a king is likely, so my flop C-bet is bad here I think. Against one villain, is it bad or good?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $3.44
      CO:
      $3.49
      Hero:
      $1.31

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , Q:spade:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.16, Hero raises to $0.52, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.36, CO calls $0.36.

Flop: ($1.62) K:spade: , Q:diamond: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero raises $0.79 (All-In), MP3 calls $0.79, CO folds.

Turn: ($3.20) 2:club:
      River: ($3.20) 9:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Ad Jd)
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Ac Qs)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Ac Qs)

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey Jim,

Yes I would 3bet preflop as well with my AQ :) , the Flop is really good for you because you block KQ/AK and can effectively represent it as well.

But since you have a Queen i would check back and shove the Turn, there is not much you need to protect from and they might bluff with worse hands on the Turn :) If they both check again, you can shove it in and expect weirder hands to call you

Best regards,
      Gerv