This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 4 FR AQo Squeeze/Cbet

• Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      Preflop: Is this a good raise? I don't know what to do with MSS in these squeeze situations. In retrospect 64 cents should be the smallest that I bet if I follow the rules, but that means my flop C-bet would be even smaller. What is the best thing to do?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $3.44
      CO:
      $3.49
      Hero:
      $1.31

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , Q:spade:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.16, Hero raises to $0.52, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.36, CO calls $0.36.

Post flop

I am against two villains, and a king is likely, so my flop C-bet is bad here I think. Against one villain, is it bad or good?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $3.44
      CO:
      $3.49
      Hero:
      $1.31

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , Q:spade:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.16, Hero raises to $0.52, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.36, CO calls $0.36.

Flop: ($1.62) K:spade: , Q:diamond: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero raises $0.79 (All-In), MP3 calls $0.79, CO folds.

Turn: ($3.20) 2:club:
      River: ($3.20) 9:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Ad Jd)
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Ac Qs)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Ac Qs)

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey Jim,

Yes I would 3bet preflop as well with my AQ :) , the Flop is really good for you because you block KQ/AK and can effectively represent it as well.

But since you have a Queen i would check back and shove the Turn, there is not much you need to protect from and they might bluff with worse hands on the Turn :) If they both check again, you can shove it in and expect weirder hands to call you

Best regards,
      Gerv