[NL2-NL10] NL 4 AJo TPTK

• Jimanyjerk
      I like my bet on the flop into dry board. Only afraid of unlikely sets or two pairs. Turn makes T9 a winner, opponent comes alive, I shoved thinking I was probably ahead of most hands at the moment, in retrospect, I feel a move like that might signal a monster most of the time. Good or Bad move?

Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , J:club:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12, MP3 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.50) J:diamond: , 7:spade: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.32, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.32.

Turn: ($1.14) 8:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.54, Hero raises to $0.80 (All-In), MP3 calls $0.26.

River: ($2.74) 8:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.74

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (9d 7d)
      Hero shows two-pair, jacks and eights (Ah Jc)

Hero wins with two-pair, jacks and eights (Ah Jc)

• 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Hey Jim,

You can't fold your TPTK anymore on the Turn, his range consists of T9,87 and a bunch of other Toppairs/draws you are still ahead against

nice hand regardless what the result is :)

Best regards,
    • Alesh123
      I don't understand why MP3 bet on turn?
      Was he affraid of draw or is there something else that i don't understand?
    • Jimanyjerk
      I think only the poker gods know for sure. I don't have any notes on the player so that doesn't help. He may have been floating me on the flop and trying to take the pot away from me on the turn.

The most important thing to realise is that he's probably a pretty terrible player because it's NL4, he's playing a suited one gapper for a raise behind out of position, he's calling 2/3rds pot bet on the flop with a mid pair and no reasonable draw out of position, and he's bet/all in on the turn with mid pair and a gut-shot. Probably not a +EV line :P

Even I wouldn't make line of play :f_biggrin: