This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hypothetical Case: Tilting or Smart..

• Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Hi.. I currently taking time to read all the strategy notes again.. especially the psychology stuff to ID my leaks and stop the tilting..

I was wondering..

When you have an A :club: J :diamond: CO, everybody before you called. You raise according to the SHC. Everybody stays with you and calls.

You go the flop and disaster, the flop is 4 :heart: 5 :heart: 6 :heart: , UTG and UTG+2 raise and re-raise.

I know you should call if you raised the round before but the flop definitely smells trouble for me. It not only didnt help me but its a possible OESD and a Flush staring me in the face. If I fold, would I be tilting or doing the smart thing? :)

Anyways back to reading..
  • 5 replies
    • carusel
      carusel
      Bronze
      if you're a shortstack, go all in pre flop

if you're bigstack:
      you shouldn't call, you should fold
      that board is a possible straight and flush, not only a possible OESD, you have A high
      it's the easiest fold in the world, you have to hit hard against that many opponents

edit: generally when you're tilting, you start to play more loose and passive, you don't tilt by folding when you should fold
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by carusel
      if you're a shortstack, go all in pre flop
      Ehm... This is FL, how can you go all in?

I would fold with an entire table of callers, somebody is bound to have a flush or at least a very possible flush draw and you basically have nothing.
    • carusel
      carusel
      Bronze
      omg, I thought it was nl, omg omg sorry :) ) sry
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19

I would fold with an entire table of callers, somebody is bound to have a flush or at least a very possible flush draw and you basically have nothing.

just fold it.
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Thanks guys.. sorry for the noobie questions.

But I had to know for sure.. :D