Hypothetical Case: Tilting or Smart..

• Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Hi.. I currently taking time to read all the strategy notes again.. especially the psychology stuff to ID my leaks and stop the tilting..

I was wondering..

When you have an A :club: J :diamond: CO, everybody before you called. You raise according to the SHC. Everybody stays with you and calls.

You go the flop and disaster, the flop is 4 :heart: 5 :heart: 6 :heart: , UTG and UTG+2 raise and re-raise.

I know you should call if you raised the round before but the flop definitely smells trouble for me. It not only didnt help me but its a possible OESD and a Flush staring me in the face. If I fold, would I be tilting or doing the smart thing? :)

Anyways back to reading..
  • 5 replies
    • carusel
      carusel
      Bronze
      if you're a shortstack, go all in pre flop

if you're bigstack:
      you shouldn't call, you should fold
      that board is a possible straight and flush, not only a possible OESD, you have A high
      it's the easiest fold in the world, you have to hit hard against that many opponents

edit: generally when you're tilting, you start to play more loose and passive, you don't tilt by folding when you should fold
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by carusel
      if you're a shortstack, go all in pre flop
      Ehm... This is FL, how can you go all in?

I would fold with an entire table of callers, somebody is bound to have a flush or at least a very possible flush draw and you basically have nothing.
    • carusel
      carusel
      Bronze
      omg, I thought it was nl, omg omg sorry :) ) sry
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19

I would fold with an entire table of callers, somebody is bound to have a flush or at least a very possible flush draw and you basically have nothing.

just fold it.
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Thanks guys.. sorry for the noobie questions.

But I had to know for sure.. :D