How do you 'tell your friends'?

• BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi guys,

I write some of our TaF news on the site, and I am trying to get more involved with this forum, so I will be coming here from time to time and starting some conversations.

If there is anything you would like to see in our TaF news, let me know and I will see what I can do.

So the chat for today: How are you telling your friends about PokerStrategy?

Is it mainly from creating a website to get new traffic?

Are you doing it in person with just your closest friends?

Are you talking to people on twitter/facebook/forums?

Are you putting posters up at university?

If anyone has been doing anything particularly novel, I'd love to know more.

thanks

Barry
  • 9 replies
    • tiltpokernow
      tiltpokernow
      Bronze
      its pointless to refer people to this site. Since you have taken away the 15 pt tier for $10 we will make half of what we did before. Especially since maybe 1 out of 10 people I do refer actually get the initial starting capital.

You say you lose money on players losing the $50 right away however you do not realise the people who are referring these members are using the money they collect from the refer a friend program to play on sites through pokerstrategy therefore you are getting your money back. Gurenteed your site is making more than enough yet you still find a way to screw over your loyal members who refer players.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      ^ what?

Unfortunately my referrals have all been in vain.. There is a strong "online poker is untrustworthy" feeling in between my friends.
    • daenyboi
      daenyboi
      Bronze
      Agree withyou, Online Poker is not to be trusted anymore, thats why i have minimum capital in my poker rooms.
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      I brought 3 new players to pokerstrategy, but they never played poker anyway. They just signup, read some forums, waste like an hour on this, give up and continue wasting their time on other internet stuff like youtube, facebook, forums, trackers, etc. One of them even did get the starting $50 so he actually wasted more than just an hour but he never played poker anyway and those $50 just expired :facepalm:
      For those admins who can see my referred players list:
      Yes, I never used my referral link, I just gave them pure pokerstrategy.com link. By that time it was $100 maximum per friend even if he becomes a black member, so I don't think those $0-$100 are worth hearing "hey slipkn6t so you referred me just to get money???" or something like that.

I know 3 friends is a small sample, maybe I just ran under EV and on average 0.5-1 of them stays, but I won't be referring any friends soon. I think you should work on improving the site for new players to stay. Make it more I don't know what just do something for newcomers :D
    • NikolaB85
      NikolaB85
      Bronze
      i referred a friend here at 07-feb-2012 and he decided to play with the free 50$ at poker 770 BUT he emailed me that he didn't received 50$ he only got 10$. Whats the problem ?

My other 2 members got their starting capitals. One of them is playing with the money since 22 dec 2011 and i am getting like 1 SP every 2 days. Other one registered at 16-02-2012 and got his starting capital,still waiting to see his success.

I have total of - 63
      Validated - 56
      received starting capital - 12 (i think so)
      Cashed out - 55$

Btw i am promoting via youtube,i think it's the best way,It's free and once you get 1000+ views you will get more and more referrals. From time to time i am posting my video on facebook,Peoples ask me questions and i answer them,Btw the video is tutorial about how to created and get the free starting capital.

@tiltpokernow

I also don't like this new TAF system,really hard to get $$ from referrals, but i am still satisfied with PS got 2 starting capitals already + 55$ from TAF thats total of 155$ all free

Let's see other promoting strategies

Regards,Nikola
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NikolaB85
      i referred a friend here at 07-feb-2012 and he decided to play with the free 50$ at poker 770 BUT he emailed me that he didn't received 50$ he only got 10$. Whats the problem ?
      Hey NikolaB85,

Thank you for referring your friends to PokerStrategy.com!

Our starting capital at Poker770 is released in $10 chunks. Every seven days, players release $10 as long as they rake .50c in the previous week.

It is all mentioned in the Starting guide for new players see link here

Your friend can release the whole $50 by depositing $100 into his/her account.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • NikolaB85
      NikolaB85
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Originally posted by NikolaB85
      Hey NikolaB85,

Thank you for referring your friends to PokerStrategy.com!

Our starting capital at Poker770 is released in $10 chunks. Every seven days, players release $10 as long as they rake .50c in the previous week.

It is all mentioned in the Starting guide for new players see link here

Your friend can release the whole $50 by depositing $100 into his/her account.

Best regards,
      Gary
      only 50c ? man thats almost nothing :P
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yes, it's not alot even for beginners :)

Gives every one the perfect platform to collect the whole amount and also not busting the whole amount early!
    • NikolaB85
      NikolaB85
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Yes, it's not alot even for beginners :)

Gives every one the perfect platform to collect the whole amount and also not busting the whole amount early!
      Yea,Yea i support this 100% this is best way on how to learn poker.

Simple,Newbies have no patient,they think they can make 1000$-5000$ in one day,they don't even think,but this way they will have a lot of time to think about their mistakes and how to improve the game.

Good work PS :f_p: