Verification Processes for Customers at Skrill

• MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hi All,

I have been reading queries on our forums and it seems there is a lot of questions asking about the verification systems at Skrill (Moneybookers). Our members often mention and complain about the credit card or address verification.

That is why thanks to Skrill I can show you a few examples and the main reasons for these verifications.

1. Credit/debit card verification -The Automatic Credit Card verification enables users to carry out verification of their own credit cards using our website tools. The aim of the procedure is to prove that the respective customer is really the credit card holder.

Benefits:
      • Authorisation of credit card deposits
      • Increased outgoing transaction limits
      • Credit card deposit limits based on different criteria

Details:
      A random amount is debited from the customer's card (between EUR 1.01 - 2.99, or an equivalent amount in any of the supported currencies). The amount must be confirmed on our website. Customers will find the amount on their card statements or by contacting their bank for confirmation. The exact amount must be confirmed in the currency in which it has been debited. The debit is not a charge: it will be available in the customer's digital wallet balance upon successful confirmation.
      Entry Points:
      The verification process can be initiated under the 'Profile/View Limits' section or from the 'Upload Funds' tab/Credit/Debit Card.
      If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Skrill (Moneybookers) at pokerstrategy@skrill.com

2. Postal address verification – automated procedure free of charge for customers. A letter is sent to the customer's registered mailing address containing a code which should be submitted on our website.

Benefits:

• Outgoing transaction limits increase
      • Credit/debit card deposit limits increase - if the user has a verified address, card deposit limits are increased by 50%
      • Address verification will allow customers to make withdrawals

Details:
      Delivery takes 2-5 business days. The code is valid for one year. In some instances, customers who have successfully completed the postal address verification may still be requested to provide an additional document for address verification.
      Acceptable proof of address is a paper based document issued in the past 3 months showing the customer's name and address (for example, a utility bill or a bank statement).
      Due to PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliance requirements, we do not accept or process credit/debit card statements or any other documents with card information printed on them.

Entry Points:
      The postal address verification procedure can be initiated under 'Profile/Contact Details', 'Profile/View Limits' or when a customer initiates a withdrawal on the 'Withdraw' tab. (In case the address has not been previously verified and the account is not authorised for withdrawals.)
      If you have any questions or need assistance - please contact Skrill (Moneybookers) at pokerstrategy@skrill.com

3. Bank account verification – the Bank Account Verification Procedure has been created to confirm that bank account details registered within a customer's profile are correct, complete and that bank transfers to the details provided can be successfully processed. As Skrill (Moneybookers) may only transfer funds to bank accounts registered in the name of the Skrill (Moneybookers) account holder, this verification also serves to confirm the customer's identity. Therefore, once completed, customers gain the following privileges:

• Increased outgoing transaction limits
      • Skrill (Moneybookers) account allowed for bank wire and cheque withdrawals. Withdrawals above a certain annual turnover also require address verification
      • Skrill (Moneybookers) account allowed for deposits via credit/debit cards

Details:
      Bank account verification involves a small amount instructed using our website tools to the customer bank account. Customers receive a code with their first withdrawal which is in the reference field of the payment and is a 6-character, alphanumeric sequence.

Entry Points:
      Bank account verification can be initiated by following any of the steps listed: Profile/List of bank accounts/Manage/Verify/Send me a verification code or View Limits/Verify your bank account/Proceed with verification.
      If you have any questions or need assistance - please contact Skrill (Moneybookers) at pokerstrategy@skrill.com

4. Identity verification with documents – customers may be required to provide a personal identity document and proof of address in order to increase their limits. Documents should correspond to specific requirements in order to be accepted for this purpose.

Benefits:
      • Outgoing transaction limits increase
      • Withdrawals authorisation
      • Authorisation to apply for a Moneybookers MasterCard

Details:
      Documents acceptable for identity verification are:
      - a colour copy (scan or a camera image) of both sides of a valid official identification document with picture (for example, identity card, passport or driving license)
      and
      - a copy of proof of address (scan or a camera image): a paper based document issued in the past 3 months showing the customer's name and address printed on it (for example, a utility bill or a bank statement).
      Due to PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliance requirements, we do not accept or process credit/debit card statements or any other documents with card information on them.
      Customers are invited to submit the necessary documentation using the Support Centre. Identity verification should be preceded by the other verification options available.

Entry points:
      This procedure is not listed in the 'View Limits' section, or any other section. Please contact Skrill (Moneybookers) directly at pokerstrategy@skrill.com to complete the identity verification with documents.

5. Removal of transaction limits - while the various verification procedures of Skrill (Moneybookers) allow customers to reach transaction limit levels which fit their needs, Skrill (Moneybookers) also has some customers with higher transaction volumes, who do not fit into the business activities to be upgraded to merchant status, nor correspond to the criteria of the VIP program.

Benefits:
      • No restrictions related to outgoing transaction limits
      • Customers reaching certain thresholds will be granted VIP status related to additional benefits such as: free Moneybookers MasterCard, free security token, a wider banking network and currency range, priority bank deposits and withdrawals, exclusive programs such as the VIP Loyalty Club, the Ambassador and more.

Details:
      Removal of transaction limits is available for customers satisfying certain criteria. For more information, customers can contact our customer service department using the following contact details:
      Customer Call Centre: +44 870 383 0232 (Monday - Sunday 9:00 - 18:00 GMT) in any of the supported languages or pokerstrategy@skrill.com
  • 21 replies
    • pokeraras
      pokeraras
      Bronze
      I did "postal address veryfication" about 2 weeks ago. It says delivery takes 2-5 business days, but I live at a small village in a development country so I expect it much much longer.

If only the packet never come to me, what to do?
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hi pokeraras,

How long have you been waiting for it now? You can always ask the support at pokerstrategy@moneybookers.com to check what's going on with the package.

If you think the package won't come - I'm sure you can repeat the procedure or choose another option of verification.

BR,
      Natalia
    • pokeraras
      pokeraras
      Bronze
      It has been 2 weeks since I apply the verification. I'm afraid MB will delete my account if I do not finish the veryfication. But it is quite normal to get postal mail in 4 weeks here in my place. It's ok to wait another 2 weeks? Or should I contact MB to tell them about it?

About bank veryfication, I dont yet comfortable enough to do it. MY poker bankroll at the moment is not big and I do not planning to withdraw the money. I'll do bank veryfication later.

OK, do you think I'll get problem?
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      I think you could easily contact them via our dedicated email support pokerstrategy@moneybookers.com and explain them why it takes so long.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hey,

Any email that I receive like .....@skrill.com is yours right?

I want to know this before submitting my documents :) .
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hi DeMarcohsp,

Email from @skrill.com is sent from Moneybookers (Skrill).

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
      Nat.
    • ristegjoshev
      ristegjoshev
      Bronze
      you always help
    • eddymurphy
      eddymurphy
      Bronze
      if I choose address verification? is that enough? after did credit card verification and able to deposit some funds to my skrill..
      I cannot use my balance for depositing to my net bet poker...said "u cannot use this balance for gambling purpose"
      is there anything I can do ?
      why I cannot use my skrill balance for depositing to netbet ?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey eddymurphy,

You will need to contact their support. When you create a skrill account, their is an option to 'not use for gaming purposes'. You will need to speak to them about removing this restriction.

Keep us updated

Laz
    • SKCom241
      SKCom241
      Basic
      Some dollar has deducted from my visa card during mb verification. bt it is showing verification failed. what shall i do now
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey SKCom241,

Were you supposed to enter a transaction number into their website? If so, please ensure that number was correct.

Otherwise you will need to contact their support at pokerstrategy@skrill.com or phone them for quicker service.

Keep us updated

Laz
    • primarydesigners
      primarydesigners
      Basic
      I don't really understand why and how it has come to be decided that my account with you is be closed, and that too so suddenly?. I submitted every document that you required from my side(at least i think i did). if something was missing or if you had any question regarding the authentication of the documents that I sent you, then i should have been contacted. But i received no e-mail of any sorts then all of a sudden this. I am really confused.

I am a graphic designer and I have worked for that money. I earned it by working on jobs at Designcrowd.co.uk. Skrill was referred to me by the guys at Designcrowd.co.uk for transactions, so i made an account. I still have payments from other jobs which they(desingcrowd) would have sent through had you cleared the account.which you sadly did not for unfathomable reason.

I feel that some clear explanation is to be given for this. Because I don't see why i was denied this account and why you have charged USD 167.08 as administration charges!.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey primarydesigners,

Unfortunately nobody from Skrill monitors this board. Their email service is fairly slow so your best bet may be to phone them.

Regards

Laz
    • primarydesigners
      primarydesigners
      Basic
      they aren't replying do you have any idea they took my money and then cancel my verification i give All documents to them they just rudely cancel my verification please help me im confused.

thanks
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey primarydesigners,

Unfortunately telephone support is only available Mon-Fri from 8am-5pm (UK time) so you may have to wait until Monday to call them.

Regards

Laz
    • adneycandy
      adneycandy
      Basic
      All documents to them they just rudely cancel my verification please help me im confused.

== http://www.solitaire-champ.com/ ==
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey adneycandy,

There is little that you can do apart from maintaining contact with their support.

Keep us updated

Laz
    • skulance
      skulance
      Basic
      Hello, My skrill withdrawal has started claiming that my birth date is incorrect so my withdrawal cant go through. Please help
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey skulance,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

There is little that you can do apart from contacting their support.

Keep us updated

Laz