Stars Mobile App

    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.12.2010 Posts: 3,758
      Just got a New Updates at Login.

      PokerStars Mobile: Download Guide

      "Play Poker on your mobile phone or device

      The PokerStars Mobile Poker App lets you play Texas Hold'em and Omaha on the go – with the same ground-breaking features and support that have already made PokerStars the choice of millions of players around the world.
      You'll find real money and play money ring games, Sit & Go's and tournaments to suit every skill level – with features such as chat, quick seating, multi-tabling and tutorials optimized for handsets and tablets."

      Whatcha think? :]

      I got this error...
      We have identified your device's resolution is 320x480 however the application is designed for 800x480 or greater screen resolution and will not operate on your device.

      so its Tablets only? :( Or Tablets + Huge Mobiles such as the SII ;(
  • 45 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.09.2010 Posts: 3,982
      Appears to be UK only? Will have a closer look later!
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.12.2010 Posts: 3,758
      Please note that all of these exciting mobile features and games are currently only available to players in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland).

      :(
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.09.2010 Posts: 3,982
      Yeah, downloaded to test it, just to check.

      "Due to local government regulations, access to your account on the PokerStars site is not permitted from the country you are currently visiting. we regret any inconvenience."

      So Latvia's out for sure..
    • Keifla
      Keifla
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.02.2011 Posts: 20
      Just got a text and downloaded it. Works well on an iPhone 4S. UK only although I've read there's been an Italian app for a while?!

      On the back of this are there any HUD or tracker apps for an iPhone that anyone could recommend?
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.08.2010 Posts: 2,417
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Just got a New Updates at Login.

      http://www.pokerstarsmobile.com/

      "Play Poker on your mobile phone or device

      The PokerStars Mobile Poker App lets you play Texas Hold'em and Omaha on the go – with the same ground-breaking features and support that have already made PokerStars the choice of millions of players around the world.
      You'll find real money and play money ring games, Sit & Go's and tournaments to suit every skill level – with features such as chat, quick seating, multi-tabling and tutorials optimized for handsets and tablets."

      Whatcha think? :]

      I got this error...
      We have identified your device's resolution is 320x480 however the application is designed for 800x480 or greater screen resolution and will not operate on your device.

      so its Tablets only? :( Or Tablets + Huge Mobiles such as the SII ;(
      My 3.5" mobile has 800x480 resolution, so it should work but I'm not UK.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.09.2010 Posts: 3,982
      Originally posted by ragney
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Just got a New Updates at Login.

      http://www.pokerstarsmobile.com/

      "Play Poker on your mobile phone or device

      The PokerStars Mobile Poker App lets you play Texas Hold'em and Omaha on the go – with the same ground-breaking features and support that have already made PokerStars the choice of millions of players around the world.
      You'll find real money and play money ring games, Sit & Go's and tournaments to suit every skill level – with features such as chat, quick seating, multi-tabling and tutorials optimized for handsets and tablets."

      Whatcha think? :]

      I got this error...
      We have identified your device's resolution is 320x480 however the application is designed for 800x480 or greater screen resolution and will not operate on your device.

      so its Tablets only? :( Or Tablets + Huge Mobiles such as the SII ;(
      My 3.5" mobile has 800x480 resolution, so it should work but I'm not UK.
      My Optimus 2x is 4" I think, and also runs 800x480, it's only the country restriction screwing me :(
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2009 Posts: 21,921
      Still waiting for Stars to text me on the link........ but as I am in the Rep of Ireland, I will probably be waiting until the turn of the century :(
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.09.2008 Posts: 197
      Got the email yesterday so thought I'd try it out - and it's awesome :D

      - yes it's real and play money
      - yes you can multi table (i like the box at the top showing your hole cards for each table and a little exclamation mark when you need to act)
      - yes there is cash, sng, mtt

      I have found a bug though and was wondering if anyone else has it too(and where I should post it) ?

      iPhone 4 btw

      ps - what would be really awesome is if there was a way to save played hands to your iCloud and sync with your desktop database HM/PT :s_cool:
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.09.2008 Posts: 197
      Just saw this funny post which I thought I'd share :

      'pokerstars have managed to even convince apple that poker isn't solely gambling, next the DOJ.'
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.12.2010 Posts: 3,758
      Originally posted by Skraggy
      I have found a bug though and was wondering if anyone else has it too(and where I should post it) ?
      Send it to their Support, they will be able to direct it in the right direction :)
      Support@pokerstars.com
    • Keifla
      Keifla
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.02.2011 Posts: 20
      Multi-tabling works well, I love the tabs at the top.

      Only problem for me is if you view another app during the time the cards are being dealt, you can't see your cards. You get the betting options but have no idea which cards you have.

      Great app though. Well chuffed they released one.
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.09.2008 Posts: 197
      Originally posted by Keifla
      Multi-tabling works well, I love the tabs at the top.

      Only problem for me is if you view another app during the time the cards are being dealt, you can't see your cards. You get the betting options but have no idea which cards you have.

      Great app though. Well chuffed they released one.
      This is the same bug I was talking about - I got it when I pulled down the notifications bar at the top :< Gonna mail support now that I'm back at my desk
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.03.2011 Posts: 12,162
      whoop whop! I must try this! works with Iphone 4 yeah?
    • Keifla
      Keifla
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.02.2011 Posts: 20
      I would imagine so, I'm on the 4S, think the resolution would be similar. Good enough to work the app anyway :)
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.09.2008 Posts: 197
      Originally posted by IngridN
      whoop whop! I must try this! works with Iphone 4 yeah?
      Yes it does ;) and the screen res is identical to the 4s - but I do believe it's UK only and you're not in the UK are you Ingrid? :o
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.03.2011 Posts: 12,162
      Originally posted by Skraggy
      Originally posted by IngridN
      whoop whop! I must try this! works with Iphone 4 yeah?
      Yes it does ;) and the screen res is identical to the 4s - but I do believe it's UK only and you're not in the UK are you Ingrid? :o
      no!! so rigged! :f_cry: :f_cry:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2009 Posts: 21,921
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Still waiting for Stars to text me on the link........ but as I am in the Rep of Ireland, I will probably be waiting until the turn of the century :(
      Still waiting :(
    • TheGuyFromCIA
      TheGuyFromCIA
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.09.2011 Posts: 188
      Does mobile app use the same player pool as the main site?
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.10.2009 Posts: 1,150
      Originally posted by TheGuyFromCIA
      Does mobile app use the same player pool as the main site?
      It does indeed.

      Also works like a dream on my older iPhone 3GS. :)