[NL20-NL50] TPTK, sec nutflushdraw...

• helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

BB ($50.25)
      UTG ($76.65)
      UTG+1 ($9.75)
      Hero ($58.85)
      MP2 ($44.85)
      CO ($49.25)
      Button ($49.50)
      SB ($38.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, CO calls, 2 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) 5, 8, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.5, CO calls $3.50.

Turn: ($11.75) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $8, CO raises to $18, Hero raises to $53.35, CO calls $25.75 (All-In).

River: ($102.75) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $97.75

ok, the amounts (potsize, betsize) are not 100% right, but they are +/- 99%...
  • 14 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      your converter seems broken or smth like that
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      check/call against agressive guy. Not much of a sense in betting, you have a draw, so free card is not a consideration any more.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      i would check / raise against agressive guy and check call against passive
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      hes aggressive, but if I c/c, should I c/f the river? Since if I do that, then I shouldn't c/c since I dont get the odds on the turn, but I should probably c/f.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Can you provide precise opponent statistics, namely his Vpip/Pfr/AF and wts.

Against generally agressive guy I would c/c both river and turn, since the pot is just raised and i think its ok to play for pot control (giving weaker hand opportunity to bet, opponent will often feel a weakness here and bet marginal hands sometimes), especially when you have a solid redraw on turn. If the turn is blank, then i think I would bet/fold turn.

River decision is also depends on a river card, obviously) But again, its good to know players stats, so we can try at least narrow his range...
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      Can you provide precise opponent statistics, namely his Vpip/Pfr/AF and wts.

not really, I only had little over 100 hands on him, since this was my second attemt at nl50.

But the stats were:
      total hands: 163
      vpip: 19.02
      PFR: 12.88
      PF AF: 1.75
      Total AF: 2.18
      WtS: 37.50
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      i would check call turn against him but i am not sure about river
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      let's try to evaluate him. Opponent is sort of Tag looking guy, who is a bit too tight and slightly passive postflop. Wts is way too high, but both could be due to the small sample size.
      So I would assume he can possibly make some weak calldowns. But I don not expect him to bluff raise turn very often.

He could call our openraise from MP with any PP from 22-10 (he might be trapping with TT+, AK but I do not think it is very common), AJ, KQ, QJs, KJs, maybe AQo and maybe sc like JTs, T9s

On the flop
      calling range:
      AhJs AhJd AhJc - hands that have some kind of redraw possibilities, worth calling a cbet
      KQ - he should likely reraise, to protect and figure out where he stands
      QJh is not possible, so he should fold all of them
      KJ - same as KQ
      AQh - easy call
      55,88 he is supposed to protect and valuebet
      66-77, 99-TT he is possibly calling on such board, especially given hight wts

SO: AhJs, AhJd, AhJc, AhQh, 66-77, 99-TT, 9Th

we are way ahead against PPs, drawing dead against AQ/9T and need to protect against AJ hands.
      This speaks for a bet, given that our opponent is not very agressive and will check behind most of the times, while he could also call a bet. And he also won't semibluff with AJ hands too often.

But its quite abstract and on this limit his range may differ a lot. I would still choose pot control line. Also because the are few hands that beat us badly and I don't want him to bluff me out.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      The problem with potcontrol line is... If I c/c him twice, Im all in, and that 8 river is relatively safe (888 would have me beat anyway, so the 4th one wouldn't matter), so Im all in anyway. So are you sure pushing turn isn't better??
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      How come you are all-in?) if you c/c turn the pot is around $27 on the river and you have around $39 in stacks. + he will often check behind. And eventually, I don't think he is going to play all-in here) With a flush he would likely make a smaller valuebet and if he feels like bluffing it will often be not much bigger then 2/3 pot.
      But that's just mine opinion, I am not sure and I am playing sh for less then 2 weeks))
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      oh, you're right. Bad calculation i made.

BTW: this wasn't SH! It's pokerstars full ring with 1 sitout.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also like c/c turn
      He would bet out a worse hands than your.
      If you don´t improve then it depends on his bet size. If he bets 2/3 on the turn and 1/3 or less on the river then I would put him Kx or Ax.
      If he bets out strong then he probably has you beat.
      But it is all player dependent. There isn´t always good answer to your river question.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      he had J8o...
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      BTW: this wasn't SH! It's pokerstars full ring with 1 sitout.
      lol)) totally missed it) the he is not that tagy any more)