making sense of the rakeback equivalent % i would get from playing on betfred

• GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      hi im planning my play for march and i want to spend 2 weeks on betfred
      but i am really struggling to make any sense of what i will get back for my rake
      so i have the following quesitons:

1) how much sit and go rake do i need to clear the full $2000 bonus in a 2 week or less period of time (i cant make sense of the explanation on the poker room review link) (for instance does it clear quicker as i move through the vip club levels or do i not move through the levels because they only get updated monthly)

2) how much will i get from the vip club not including any bonuses that will take further play to clear (basically a bonus based on rake that ends up giving me a pending bonus is void for me as i only want to play 2 weeks to clear the 2000$ bonus)

3) will i get anything else (other than the monthly betfred race and top 250 promotin prizes) (not interested in freerolls etc)

basically just trying to figure out if its worth spending 2 weeks there to clear the 2k bonus

any help will be appreciated
  • 34 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I've asked someone to pop by who has greater knowledge about their VIP scheme.

With regards to the last part of 1) though, from experience, I believe you only get your status updated on a monthly basis though.

About 2), I believe all VIP bonuses on iPoker are pure points-for-cash, not actually cleared bonuses that require further raking.

Regards,
      Richard
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Callum is on it's way :D
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Hi Jessica,

The FDB playing SNG's requires $3303 of rake to clear. This unlocks $2000 so works out at around 60.6% rakeback from the FDB.

Its hard to explain the workings for this as VIP levels effect this bonus.

For example once you are VIP level 5 you have earnt 42742 points and unlocked $854 of bonus for $1666 rake, that works out at 51%.

With the 100k points you have earnt from clearing the FDB you can trade in for $100 which works out at a extra 3%.

Going by last months results, $3303 of rake would place you first by a long way in the BetFred $4000 rake race. First prize being $650. So thats effectively a extra 19.6% rakeback.

Once again you are just shy of placing in the Top 250 with the 13208SP you would earn from $3303 rake (3303 x 4SP per $1 rake)

So in total for your first $3303 of rake you will be getting 83.2% rakeback!!!!!

Regards

Callum
    • GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      so 2700 for 3300 roughly thats sounds good enough for a 2 week grind :) thanks a lot
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Add to this you will get shitty software, bot infested network and very suspicious srteam of accordingly just bad luck , which never ends.

I played there around 50k hands and promised myself to never come there even if they give me 150% rb.
      It just doesnt pays up.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hello GetARealJob!

I've made a slight edit to the above calculation and removed the mention of gemstones, as Betfred is at this time not part of the Gemstone promotion.

This may possibly change in the future, but for now I am afraid there will be no gemstone for your grind there.

Regards,
      Richard
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Excuse me for interrupting, but numbers seem to be incorrect. Betfred updates statuses in the beginning of every month, which means if you start on the 1st of march then you will still be vip level 1 in 2 weeks, no matter how much you raked. And I'm pretty sure that's less than 20% rb.
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Basically, all bonuses are the same on betfred in terms of clearance rate, the % of rb depends on your vip level. It's 60 for lvl5, 70 for lvl 6, 42 for lvl 4, dont know the numbers for the rest. But they don't update your level at any time but the 1st day of a month.
    • GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      Hi with the mentioned above posts changing the amount I would get back please can someone look over the numbers for me again and see if the 2700 is still good for 3300 rake as the last 2 posts have made me doubt this. Remember I pla
      n to do it over 2 weeks
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      I can confirm Betfreds first deposit bonus does take into account VIP levels.

VIP levels change automatically, not on a monthly basis.

So if you make VIP level 8 in one day, you will start earning points for that VIP level. You dont have to wait until the 1st of the month for your VIP level to update.

Regards

Callum
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Callum, that definitely isn't the case. If it is, then betfred owes me hundreds.

Btw, on their VIP page ( http://www.betfred.com/poker/vip-club/vip-club ) they say "On the first day of each month your Betfred Points accrual will be calculated for the previous month (if applicable) to determine your new VIP Level."

if there is some exception for ps.com members then let me know asap :)

At this moment, I am very close to Lvl 5 (meaning I have reached Lvl 4) but I'm still Lvl 3, which was my January level. It was the same case back in October when I was leveling my vip status for the first time.

@ GetARealJob (nice nick btw)
      If I'm right about the VIP club issue then it would be probably best if you split your grinding into 3 or 4 times, each in a different month. Just leveling up the first times and then getting good use of your 60 or 70 RB in the last session.
    • Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      akrammon is correct, vip levels are changed once a month not as soon as a certain target is reached.
    • GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      Ok ffs thanks guys for input so I'm back to square one in the sense I have no idea what I will get back. Can one of the pokerstrategy mods or staff please look at the origional thread starting post and please give as clear answer as possible with regards to numbers surely it cant be that difficult to work out for an affiliate
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Hi GetARealJob,

Sorry for the confusion in the thread.

I am currently enquiring about VIP levels effecting the FDB as I currently have conflicting information.

I will have a answer for you ASAP

Callum
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GetARealJob
      Ok ffs thanks guys for input so I'm back to square one in the sense I have no idea what I will get back. Can one of the pokerstrategy mods or staff please look at the origional thread starting post and please give as clear answer as possible with regards to numbers surely it cant be that difficult to work out for an affiliate
      easy, we are all trying to help :)

As I've said before, rakeback % of the FDB depends on your VIP level.

Level 1 - 30%
      2 - 36%
      3 - 42%
      4 - 50%
      5 - 60%
      6 - 70%

the thing is that you don't have to rake X amount to reach a vip level, you have to collect an X amount of points - points have multipliers based on your vip status. Multipliers in order are: 15, 18, 21, 25, 30, 35.

To illustrate what this means: if you want reach top vip level straight away from lvl 1, you will need to rake over 3,3K. However, if you advance in a slower fashion, and go from lvl 5 to take down lvl 6, you only need roughly 1,7K (half of the 3,3K).

Now as I've already said, I'd suggest that you advance slowly to the max vip level and then grind out the remainder of your bonus in the last month, that way you can maximize the RB%. Here's what I'd do (if I possessed your raking skills):

rake $334 in 1st month, get level 3
      rake $1072 in 2nd month, get level 5
      rake $1670 in 3rd month, get level 6 (top level)

you have more slightly more than $400 left from the fdb and betfred also throws a lot of bonuses your way as you go (one each week, depends on how much you rake and vip level as well, dont wanna go into it right now, it's already complicated).

This way, you have to rake $643 in the last month.

This way you are getting roughly 54% RB plus rakerace plus a few % from points-to-cash.

Doing this on betfred in one go is a waste of money, you would only get 30% RB + some points-to-cash, and also much much less of the weekly bonuses that I've mentioned.

Cheers

p.s. you should know that weekly bonuses has caps based on vip levels, so raking approx the same amount each week (and not raking the whole in one go) of a month will pay off, especially when you are moving from lvl 5 to lvl 6, you can get something like $125 of a bonus a week if you do it well. And they add up. My weekly bonuses added up to something between 500-600 after I've finished clearing the FDB and I wasn't raking steadily (thus I suffered from the cap), I'm sure you can do better than that.
    • GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      callum?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Jess,

I've asked for an update on this, I'll let you know ASAP! :]
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      akrammon is most likely to be right but we'll going to check with Betfred just to be sure.
    • GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      akrammon is most likely to be right but we'll going to check with Betfred just to be sure.
      I hope its not right as if it is even with the race it would be like 50% with the level not being upgraded till end of month which is pretty aweful compared to your offers for willhill titan and 770