BB: $4.33 (86.6 bb)
      UTG: $7.78 (155.6 bb) 21/10/4.5/11.1/25/70
      Hero (MP): $6.86 (137.2 bb) 22/18/12.0/16.7/21/51
      CO: $2.90 (58 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J J
      UTG raises to $0.17, Hero calls $0.17, CO folds, BTN calls $0.17, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.58) 2 6 2 (3 players)
      UTG bets $0.36, Hero raises to $0.95, 2 folds

Tried something different and wanted to know your view here. His PFR would mean a pocketpair or overcards, his range seemed fine enough. He C-Bet the flop and it seemed pretty standard and I wanted to experiment what would happen if I raised. I could represent a Full House or Three of a kind or an overpair but more than that I thought he'd fold if he had just overcards or a small pair and would probably only continue to play a flush draw or a high pocketpair. So was this a good spot to raise here? The BTN was very tight and had to have a low pocketpair that he'd have to fold which I wasn't worried about my only concern was if I could make UTG fold here on the flop.

Results: $1.30 pot ($0.05 rake)
      Final Board: 2 6 2
      BTN mucked and lost (-$0.17 net)
      UTG mucked and lost (-$0.53 net)
      Hero mucked J J and won $1.25 ($0.72 net)
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello maheepsangari,

Don't like it at all. You are just making worse hands to fold there on the flop and better ones continue. What's your plan if he 3bets you? :)

Best Regards.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I ofcourse plan on folding to a 3-Bet and even giving up my hand if he calls and my hand doesn't improve on the turn. Its not a complete bluff because I do have an overpair. I expect him to fold a lot from his range to a raise on the flop except perhaps very high pocket pairs and flushdraws. He would fold combinations like AK, AQ, KQ, AJ etc. those are the kind of cards he could have raised pre-flop with and I have to know where I am in the hand. If I call I won't know where I am in this hand, if he has a flush draw with overcards i need to protect my hand, if he has just overcards then i am already ahead if he has a high pocket pair how would i know what the strength of my hand is? if no card higher than J comes then am I to just call him down till the river to see him flip over QQ? I thought its best to know where I am right now by investing another 20 blinds or so rather than calling him down hopelessly and ending up investing a lot more.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I ofcourse plan on folding to a 3-Bet and even giving up my hand if he calls and my hand doesn't improve on the turn.

Why do you raise in first place then? You practically bluffing there. :D Your hand doesn't need improvement on turn cause you already have a made hand.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Ok, then should I have perhaps called him down till the river if no over cards would have come? And what should I have done if say a K or a Q came on the turn, should I fold then if he continues to bet assuming hr has mr beat?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Ok, then should I have perhaps called him down till the river if no over cards would have come? And what should I have done if say a K or a Q came on the turn, should I fold then if he continues to bet assuming hr has mr beat?
      His PFR is just 10, do you think a lot worse hands are in his range which would 3barrel into multiway pot?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Ok, that makes sense. Get your point. :)