[NL2-NL10] Fr Nl2 - Qq

• KozakFB
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.06, 4 folds, SB raises to $0.18, BB folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.38) J:heart: , T:club: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.37, Hero calls $0.37.

Turn: ($1.12) T:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.12) 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.08, Hero calls $1.08.

Final Pot: $3.28

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qh Qs)
      SB shows a full-house, jacks full of tens (Js Jd)

SB wins with a full-house, jacks full of tens (Js Jd)

Heres my evaluation:

This hand is a complete disaster. I should have folded when the turn hit. The only hands that I'm beating on that flop is A/J K/J Q/J A/10 K/10 Q/10 with the latter hands not what I'd assume would be in villains range. When the turn pairs and completes a flush draw it should be an immediate signal to GTFO. This was the hand that turned my session into an almost losing one. I need to avoid these spots.

I don't think I like my flat call preflop either. If I had 4-bet I think we were deep enough to get a fold out of him but of course if he had flat, I would have been in deep trouble.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello KozakFB,

Open 4xBB. :P But otherwise fold it on the flop vs his pot size bet there, I can't really see what we beat there. Neither I don't like that much the Call on the river cause you don't beat much there than just bluff, even better flushes possible.

Best Regards.